User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2003 7:22:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I know I'd try it at least once.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had Satan's Blood, and it's pretty tasty.

Not unbearable, but it is a tad hot.

a couple drops on a serving of southern baked beans is good.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#3]
something about a hotsauce that needs a disclamier! i think ill get some of that Demon Ichor looks like the best for the price and your not paying for a gimmicky bottle.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I've used the Daves and have some at home even now, good stuff, but......
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, since the disclaimer on most of those bottles is that it is a food additive only, what would happen if you tricked your buddy into trying a teaspoon of the 1,000,000+ SHU stuff?  

I mean, how bad could it be?  
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I've tried one of them, but can't remember which one it was.  A guy at work had a bottle of it and I stuck the very tip of my little finger in it and tasted it and it was fine for about 30 seconds.  Then it started burning.  I wound up drinking a whole 5 gallon jug of water out of the water cooler at work trying to stop the burning, with no luck.  I do believe you could kill someone with some of these sauces!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe you could probably kill yourself downing 5 gallons of water.

[BS2]

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:29:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I believe you could probably kill yourself downing 5 gallons of water.

[BS2]

View Quote

Um, perhaps he was embellishing to say that the sauce was hot, and didn't mean that he physically consumed an entire 5 gallon jug.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 12:02:32 AM EDT
[#9]
hehe, I was cooking with some Dave's Insanity, got some on my fingers- didnt think to much about it until I went to the bathroom to take piss then....AHHHHH HOT HOT HOT! (got some on my junk, then did a funny dance for about 5 minutes)
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:23:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I've also put a tip of my finger in sauce and tasted it and I couldn't believe the pain and suffering. It was really bad and seemed like it would last forever. Just a drop, one drop and my mouth burned for an hour. I could see how somebody could get sick as hell from this stuff. People do some stupid things on a dare and you could load up a pepper by injecting this stuff inside and when the person chewed it they would be in hell. A teaspoon would send me to the hospital for sure.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:27:50 AM EDT
[#11]
We had friends over for a BBQ a few summers ago (before I knew about Dave's), a buddy of mine was cooking and asked if I wanted ketchup, I said sure.  He handed me the adulterated burger and I took a couple of mighty bites (to be amusing to my then 5 year old son), I swallowed and almos timmediately went into an esophogeal spasm (couldn't breath, airway closed up).

Lucky for me, most of our friends are doctors, they had me flat on my back with my head tilted back and my wifes fingers in my throat in a very scant 30 seconds.  To my buddies credit, he was still laughing when I came too (thus, not breaking one of the cardinal "Guy Rules").  

Revenge has been sweet and well delayed.  He still is skittish when I am cooking.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 4:35:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I like my food to be a little warm and spicy, but I don't want it to bite back.  Eating should be a pleasurable experience, not an ordeal.

I just don't feel a need to prove my manhood by drinking battery acid.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 4:42:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Someones been to fark.com
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 4:48:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll eat anything made from peppers. But if the ingredients say "pepper extract" I'll pass. That's the stuff mailmen spray on rabid dogs.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:57:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've tried one of them, but can't remember which one it was.  A guy at work had a bottle of it and I stuck the very tip of my little finger in it and tasted it and it was fine for about 30 seconds.  Then it started burning.  I wound up drinking a whole 5 gallon jug of water out of the water cooler at work trying to stop the burning, with no luck.  I do believe you could kill someone with some of these sauces!!!
View Quote

NEVER drink water to kill the hot sauce!! You need to drink milk, because it leaves a film on the toung and throat that helps kill the taste.

Water just keeps the taste buds clean.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyone besides me ever handle hot peppers, then forget to wash their hands with soap before taking a whiz?

It ain't fun.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Sliced tomato or cucumber will kill the burn in an instant. That platter of 'maters & cukes they give you in a Thai resturant ain't for garnish-it's to kill the burn.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#18]
If you like hot, find a place that serves authentic Laab Nua (Thai). SAAWWAAADDEEEEE!!!!
[pyro]

Hot enough to make a new intestinal tract bypassing approximately 20 feet of small and large intestine.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Remember, what goes IN hot comes OUT hot! [flame]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Remember, what goes IN hot comes OUT hot! [flame]
View Quote

At the old shop there was a guy that had a soft pretzel covered in ketchup and dipped in a paper plate of red pepper flakes for breakfast every morning. I often thought his rectum had to be a half inch of scar tissue...
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#21]
This shit is for you fucking "terminators"out there with stainlees steel G.I. tracts.Eat this red hot nuclear waste shit and wonder why ass falls off.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Terminator, hell!  That pure capsaicin resin is the stuff they got out of the Aliens when they shot 'em!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#23]
No way.  I look stupid and have stupid tatooed on my forehead but I wouldn't touch that stuff with your tongue...
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#24]
you don't know what pain is until you try "sudden death sauce".  You can touch the jar and if you rub your eyes you will deeply regret it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#25]
And here I am for the past 3 years telling everybody that I have the HOTTEST hot sauce (it being the "Da Bomb The final answer" sauce.

THAT stuff isn't something to play around with.
Several hours after handeling the bottle you can still "mace" yourself unintentionaly.
My friend did just that earlier today, he had some on his hands then went and took a pee...  Well the burn that he was experiencing after that luckly doesn't need penicillin.

I think I may buy the Blairs 2AM because its under $40.  Het its not even 3Oz I'm not paying $129 for the 6AM.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#26]
NO!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Blair's Death Sauce and Dave's Insanity are always available here.[flame]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#28]
My Father-in-Law used to partake in a variety of hot sauces, unfortunately he also smoked a variety of cigars and cigarettes and juicing up the food was the only way he could taste things.  He also died of prostate, liver and intestinal cancers.  I make no specific connections.

Me I like a little hot but I want to taste the other flavors too.  Hell if all I wanted was hot I could eat only oatmeal and tabasco and be happy.  (and save a lot of money)
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:29:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Dave's Insanity  sause is nothing more than a variation of the hooters sauce.
Its not hot!

Why do people even mention that sauce.  It doesn't matter in the sceme of things. YES it was hot when you were in JR High School.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:30:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ok, since the disclaimer on most of those bottles is that it is a food additive only, what would happen if you tricked your buddy into trying a teaspoon of the 1,000,000+ SHU stuff?  

View Quote

A spoonful of really hot, concentrated pepper can cause serious respiration problems, profuse sweating, and serious pain for hours.

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:19:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

[red]A spoonful of really hot, concentrated pepper can cause serious respiration problems, profuse sweating, and serious pain for hours.[/red]

View Quote

Again, what's not fun about that?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 3:22:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anyone besides me ever handle hot peppers, then forget to wash their hands with soap before taking a whiz?

It ain't fun.
View Quote

Try handling hot peppers and then forgeting to wash your hands before you try to take your contacts out.  

Hmm...seems many of these "hot sauces" contain "pepper resin"...where have I heard that before...oh, yeah; Oleoresin of Capsicum, more commonly known as OC, as in OC spray.  Is it legal to carry a bottle of this stuff in DC?

When does it stop being a condiment and start being a chemical irritant?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top