Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2002 11:52:33 PM EDT
There is a guest host and they're are discussing the MD sniper.  It's amazing how many "experts" are calling in with ridiculous info on the AR15 and the .223 round.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:52:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Art Bell is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:53:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:55:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, I saw a halfway good HP Lovecraft-inspired movie tonight, called The Unnameable II, from 1992.  Half of it was faithful to the spirit of the mythos, the other half was a cheesy horror movie and monster. But the good half made it worthwhile.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oh, I saw a halfway good HP Lovecraft-inspired movie tonight, called The Unnameable II, from 1992.  Half of it was faithful to the spirit of the mythos, the other half was a cheesy horror movie and monster. But the good half made it worthwhile.
View Quote

Who was in it?  A bunch of unknowns right?

USPC40

[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:05:38 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a new straight to video Lovecraft movie out called Dagon. I haven't seen it yet, but it is supposed to be pretty good.

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:14:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is a new straight to video Lovecraft movie out called Dagon. I haven't seen it yet, but it is supposed to be pretty good.
View Quote

I've seen it.  Unless you're a big Lovecraft fan, you probably wont like it.  That being said, I thought it was pretty good.  The whole thing was filmed in Spain and there was only 1 American in the film, and he was British faking an American accent.  Did a good job too.  The guy that directed this also directed the Reanimator.

USPC40

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:15:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw Dagon.  Again, the movie missed the mark.  I couldn't imagine liking it unless you were into HP Lovecraft's fiction. It's worth watching if you are.

I get the feeling a lot of low-budget horror movie hacks are cashing in on Lovecraft's reputation and public domain works to put out a lot of utter crap.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Who was in it?  A bunch of unknowns right?

USPC40

[url]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/url]

[url]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/url]
View Quote

Actually, it had John Rhys-Davies, who played "Sallah" in Raiders of the Lost Ark.  He was a scholar.  The heroes were scholars, which was partially what made it worthwhile.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:29:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Actually, it had John Rhys-Davies, who played "Sallah" in Raiders of the Lost Ark.  He was a scholar.  The heroes were scholars, which was partially what made it worthwhile.
View Quote

The guy that played the Professor Maximillian Arturo on Sliders and the dwarf in LOTR: Fellowship of the Rings?  Cool!  Since it #2, have you seen the first one?

USPC40

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:37:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The guy that played the Professor Maximillian Arturo on Sliders and the dwarf in LOTR: Fellowship of the Rings?  Cool!  Since it #2, have you seen the first one?

USPC40

[url]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/url]

[url]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/url]
View Quote

No, I havent seen the first.

I only rented it because my video store enters your name for a drawing for every horror movie you rent from now till Halloween.  For a DVD player.

So I went looking for horror movies I always meant to see (mainly George Romero Zombie flicks).  They didn't have any, so I looked for anything Lovecraft-related. Found Unnameable II, had a character named Randolph Carter, thought the title might be a reference to Hastur the Unspeakable, thought it was worth a shot and rented it.

Checking out Unnameable I on www.imdb.com, it had nothing to do with Lovecraft at all, just another cheesy horror movie.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:52:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Bell is straight out of ONI. He (like many others) puts out just enough anti-establishment info to draw folks in, then he furthers the anti-freedom agenda when he has a large enough following.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top