Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2001 8:01:45 AM EDT
The Air force base close to me has just sent over 800 personal to Saudi and there is talk of even more.

Clinth
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The Air force base close to me has just sent over 800 personnel to Saudi and there is talk of even more.

Clinth
View Quote

Iraq ??  (The time must be drawing near for "Sodom Who'sinsane.)
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:46:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#3]
im tellin ya, were headed for ww111..
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There has been a very large buildup of troops there in the past few months. Very quietly. Most people havent paid attention to it. It aint for show. You do the math.
View Quote

I sort of pride myself in staying abreast of the news but except for yours and "clinth's" post I haven't heard about it.
Is the "our ?" media being American on this one ??
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Air force base close to me has just sent over 800 personal to Saudi and there is talk of even more.

Clinth
View Quote

Hell, we're both in Alaska and I didn't hear about it!  Guess I need to pay more attention [:)]  I've been watching the India/Pak movements.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#6]
The Air National Guard's search and rescue unit was deployed to Kuwait too.  Make what you will of that.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 1:26:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe since Bush has taken office we have built up our reserves so much that we are running out of place to put them, so we had to ship some of them to Saudi to make room for new recruits?[%|]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Ponyboy, that "Maybe" makes your post bullet-proof !!
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#11]
It's all a normal troop training rotation.
The army rotated out a Bn, and rotated in 3....
Nothing to see there.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Uh?  Normal rotation maybe???!!!!  

Operations againt Somalia???????!!! Oh, please give me a break!!!! [:P]

DaMan
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Gee!  Why suddenly so QUIET?
DaMan
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Loose lips...
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Saudi is the worst place to put troops in the Mid east for anything.  Anybody going into Saudi has to clear their customs.  That would make it impossible to hide a big influx of troops from the Saudis and would raise questions.  When I was there in 1997 we didn't do shit without them knowing about it in advance.  It pretty much sucked there operationally.

I think a better bet would be Kuwait, UAE or Bahrane where we would have more freedom to use them once we got them there.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's all a normal troop training rotation.
The army rotated out a Bn, and rotated in 3....
Nothing to see there.
View Quote

Actually 3 of my friends (2 crew chiefs and a Medic) that are headed there just got back about 2 weeks ago. None are being told why they have to go back so soon. So from this base they have the guys on normal rotation and then about 800 more on extra rotation. Just seems a little odd.

Clinth
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#18]
A frind of mine who was in Saudi echos TRW's comments.

I am hoping that this time we don't bother to ask but rather tell the Saudis to go away.  That many US troops there gives them little room to complain in light of their support for our enemies.  Piss on SA!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A frind of mine who was in Saudi echos TRW's comments.

I am hoping that this time we don't bother to ask but rather tell the Saudis to go away.  That many US troops there gives them little room to complain in light of their support for our enemies.  Piss on SA!!
View Quote

Their support of OUR enemies?  Which enemies might that be?  Do you mean the Mujahadeen  or the Taliban? [:P]

DaMan
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Well according to the front of my newspaper, it has something to do with the possible movement of US Marines into Yemen to hunt down Al Qidea cells in their back country- by invitation no less. Of course the rumored Al Qieda cells happen to be in areas that are not now and never have been under the control of the central government of Yemen- and in fact may be in Saudi Arabia since the Saudi/Yemeni border has in many areas never been surveyed or decided on.

But the current President of Yemen has decided that getting us to go in and bust heads for him in these areas- one of which is the home provence of the bin Laden clan- will only increas the power of his central government.

Also, he tried to do it himself two weeks ago and his best Army unit got its ass whipped severly. So he has come to us for help.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well according to the front of my newspaper, it has something to do with the possible movement of US Marines into Yemen to hunt down Al Qidea cells in their back country- by invitation no less. Of course the rumored Al Qieda cells happen to be in areas that are not now and never have been under the control of the central government of Yemen- and in fact may be in Saudi Arabia since the Saudi/Yemeni border has in many areas never been surveyed or decided on.

But the current President of Yemen has decided that getting us to go in and bust heads for him in these areas- one of which is the home provence of the bin Laden clan- will only increas the power of his central government.

Also, he tried to do it himself two weeks ago and his best Army unit got its ass whipped severly. So he has come to us for help.
View Quote

Kinda like the "drug war" in Colombia! [:P]

DaMan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top