Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 6:58:11 PM EST
I shipped a rem 700 LTR to a guy's FFL this past week. The rear base on it got dinged up(or so that's what it looks like) in the pics he sent me though they were blurry. Anyone know if the USPS insurance covers damage during shipping?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:02:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By jadams951:
I shipped a rem 700 LTR to a guy's FFL this past week. The rear base on it got dinged up(or so that's what it looks like) in the pics he sent me though they were blurry. Anyone know if the USPS insurance covers damage during shipping?

That's ALL it covers. They look at the original packaging, the damage to the packaging and if the damage to the object conforms to the damaged packaging.

You did accurately describe the package contents didn't you? If you followed the bad advice sometimes given here to misrepresent the contents you might kiss it all goodbye.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:26:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By PaDanby:

Originally Posted By jadams951:

That's ALL it covers. They look at the original packaging, the damage to the packaging and if the damage to the object conforms to the damaged packaging.

You did accurately describe the package contents didn't you? If you followed the bad advice sometimes given here to misrepresent the contents you might kiss it all goodbye.

They knew it was a rifle. No worries there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:28:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/26/2007 8:33:09 PM EST by 82ndAbn]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:31:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:
What did you assume the insurance covered?

Total loss
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:37:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/26/2007 8:40:05 PM EST by gene5]
usps. just be glad it got where it was going. they are notorious for losing stuff.
Top Top