Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 1:51:02 PM EDT
My mom used to make that stuff when I was a kid. I loved it, but haven't had any in 15 years. It's been snowing here all weekend and I was thinking about trying to make some. I think it's pretty simple but I don't have a clue how to make it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Word to the wise, don't eat the "yellow" snow cream.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Snow ...cream?

I thought this was going to be a joke thread.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Triburst, are you talking about the stuff made with maple syrup which my wife refers to as "Jack Wax"? If so, I think I can hook you up with a recipe.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:18:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't remember the exact mix, but you take a can of Eagle brand condensed milk and slowly heat it until it basically turns into caramel, then mix it with lots of ice cream, milk, sugar, and vanilla........
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#5]
snow , vanilla flavor , sugar and cream
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#6]
A bunch of snow

1/4 cup of milk (give or take depending on how much snow)

3-4 drops vanilla

1 tablespoon of sugar

some add a mashed up banana

whip everything until it has a creamed consistancy

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#7]
There were years when I was young when we weren't supposed to make snowcreme because of fallout from frigging above ground nuke bomb tests

Just go buy Mayfield snowcreme  flavor icecream. Pretty good

rj
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
snow , vanilla flavor , sugar and cream

This is the way we made it also. Great stuff and brings back alot of memories. When we were kids, we'd wish for snow just so we could have some. LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top