Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 10:21:58 AM EDT
I have a notebook with a pink leather cover, which was in my tote bag, and I managed to get a streak of blue ink on it from sliding some papers into the bag while I still had a pen in my hand.  Yeah, my dumb blonde moment for the week.

Anyone got any tips or suggestions for getting the ink off?  I put some hand sanitizer on it, from the bottle on my desk since that stuff has a high alcohol content and it's helped, but it's still there.

TIA.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#1]
try hairspray. it removes ink from other things, it might work on that.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
try hairspray. it removes ink from other things, it might work on that.

Copy that...tried it, no effect.

The hand sanitizer made a white spot on the pink.  Dang.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Isopropyl Alcohol

But test it in a small non visible area first - I know it worked on a leather jacket but that was a very dark color.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Isopropyl Alcohol

But test it in a small non visible area first - I know it worked on a leather jacket but that was a very dark color.

I thought of that, hence using the hand sanitizer.  I know we kept alcohol pads in the jail for cleaning off people's fingers after rolling their prints.  I'll have to try that when I get home, I don't have any straight alcohol here.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top