Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2007 6:38:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:45:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never seen one before, and I've done tons of research on military gear from WWII to today.

I'd guess that it is something someone designed recently and slapped a US stamp on.

All the surpressed .22s I've seen in gov't use appeared to have integral surpressors anyway.

I could be wrong though. Hopefully someone will be along to let us know.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:14:29 AM EDT
[#3]
A High-Standard should fit in that perfectly. They used them as "Hush-puppies" and other misc tasks over the last 50 years or so.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:19:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I seriously doubt that it is anything even similar to US Government issue.

If we get past the fact that there is no evidence that the P-22 is in use by the US military, there is still the fact that a leather belt holster hasn't been issued since the early '90s, and even those were designed before WWII.

If the US military were going to design a holster for a surpressed P-22, they would almost certainly make it out of nylon, and it would probably be designed to allow carry with the surpressor attatched.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:23:03 AM EDT
[#5]
With the deluxe model you get another side compartment holder for a small roll of plastic ground sheeting, you know to keep the carpet clean and fresh looking.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I always liked AAC's 'Pilot' holster from London Bridge.

Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#9]
It was probably made for the S&W Mk. 22

Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Well according to this Wikipedia article the US Military still uses the High Standard HDM.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I seriously doubt that it is anything even similar to US Government issue.

If we get past the fact that there is no evidence that the P-22 is in use by the US military, there is still the fact that a leather belt holster hasn't been issued since the early '90s, and even those were designed before WWII.

If the US military were going to design a holster for a surpressed P-22, they would almost certainly make it out of nylon, and it would probably be designed to allow carry with the surpressor attatched.

well no shit sherlock.

it's obviously NOT made for the p22 t is however some sort of gi issue holster. my question was what was it originally for. per 3 different vendors i reviewed it IS USGI isue. i just can't tell from when or why.
Well if the vendors say it it must be true.

It isn't for the High Standard, which has a 6-inch barrel under the suppressor.

It isn't for the Welrod, as the Welrod is basically a silencer with a single shot firing mechanism built into it.

It obviously isn't for a MK II type pistol.

It might work for the Smith and Wesson pictured above, but S&W pistols have been out of service for a good while.

Just look at the laces on the body of the holster. They are there to allow you to holster the pistol with a light or laser attatched. It is obviously made for the P-22.

It might be for another pistol in the supply system, but it seems pretty unlikely that holsters would be common while the pistols weren't well known.

I can say without a doubt that it isn't "current issue" like the Sportsman's Guide and IMA claim. I suspect that it is a recently designed holster that someone slapped a US stamp on and sold as being based off of a real design. The military stopped buying leather holsters years ago, and when they did buy them, they weren't adjustable for different guns.

It doesn't even make sense to make a holster for a .22 pistol with the suppressor removed, as they aren't intended by the military to be used without them.

The fact that they showed up at Sportsmans Guide and IMA without ever being seen before is enough to question their origin.  Coupled with the fact that they don't match any gun in use by the US military in the last 50 years, the conclusion can easily be drawn that they are NOT USGI.

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:02:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top