Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 6:19:16 AM EST
Its been way too long since I've done this. I'm trying to help my son with his application.

I home schooled him his 9th grade year so rather than accepting his home school credits [which I am in the process of accrediting] the school gave partial credit [.5 rather than a full credit and a passing grade, rather than a letter grade].

The college will accept my home school transcript but if I attach it his GPA and accumlative credits will be off. Should I make the school fix this -there are other errors in his transcripts such as the amount of classes he took [it says he's taken 3 math classes when in fact he's taken 5 and he's taken 5 science classes and it says he's only taken 2]. This is all spelled out so it is clear that he's taken the classes.

The scholarship application is due today so I'm in a hurry.

Patty
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:24:12 AM EST
I have no idea.

I got a lot of scholarships [I believe] due to my grades and my teachers and my financial situation.

I really don't think I even actually applied for any of them personally. It was a long time ago, so maybe I did and just don't remember.

Good Luck though. It sounds like it is going to be tough to get anything like that handled in one day.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:27:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By krpind:
I have no idea.

I got a lot of scholarships [I believe] due to my grades and my teachers and my financial situation.

I really don't think I even actually applied for any of them personally. It was a long time ago, so maybe I did and just don't remember.

Good Luck though. It sounds like it is going to be tough to get anything like that handled in one day.

I only applied for one scholarship and that was a basket ball scholarship. I didnt' believe I was qualified for anything else. Then when the scholarships were handed out at graduation I was a little green with envy!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:30:11 AM EST
It'll be a hell of a job trying to get that in one day. My HS, at least, was the perfect example of how bureaucracies ruin everything.

As far as fixing it, having accurate information is a MUST in most cases. Some colleges especially tend to care more about whether the information is accurate than what it is. That's all I can really say; I didn't have the grades for a scholarship coming out of HS.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:37:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By MagKnightX:
It'll be a hell of a job trying to get that in one day. My HS, at least, was the perfect example of how bureaucracies ruin everything.

As far as fixing it, having accurate information is a MUST in most cases. Some colleges especially tend to care more about whether the information is accurate than what it is. That's all I can really say; I didn't have the grades for a scholarship coming out of HS.

Well the school's hands are tied with the home school stuff. I just got off the phone with them about the credits he's earned in math and science and they're not going to change it so I guess I will just send it in. It asks not to send in a cover letter so I can't really justify explaining the discrepencies. I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Patty
Top Top