Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 10:48:00 AM EDT
About 5k points from First Sgt/Master Gunnery Sgt and I'd prefer to get First Sgt.  I only lack basic knife combat to get the higher rank, and i've read there are some knife/pistol only servers that might make it a bit easier.  Anyone know of any?

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Well EA frowns apon these knife & pistol only servers. If caught on them, you risk your account being reset.

Try to meet up with fellow ARF.comers online and we'll sorta help you with your medal. We won't just give it to ya, but if we run into ya on the battlefield, we won't use the big weapons against each other. Shouldn't be hard to get enough kills to get those badges.

I too need to only get my Veteran Knife badge to get my Combat Infantry Medal. Just too busy try to win the games to run around knifing the enemies to get it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#2]
[AR15]casajump

If you see me on, I'll help ya get yours. I need them too!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's how I did mine:
1. Find a Karkland 24/7 server
2. Get on MEC
3. Spawn at Hotel
4. Pull out knife or pistol and ONLY use that weapon
5. Hang out in the alleys the USMC always runs through when trying to capture Hotel.
6. Blast or stab everyone that gets near you.
7. Profit, er, I mean get the badge.

I earned Basic Knife, Basic Pistol and Basic sniper in only four rounds of trying. I think it took two rounds to get knife (first round ended when I had 5 kills), one round for pistol and one for sniper.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I was fortunate in that I was able to get expert knife and vetran pistol way back in like August when the servers actually advertised their existence before EA got pissy.

My suggestion is to try and find a small server with not very many people on it, as you are looking around for servers as you click on them in the game browser you might be able to figure out which ones are doing something different.      48 player maps with only 10 people for instance where each person has like 40+ kills but hardly any team work points.

Usually on the knife/pistol servers they let the rushing team get 1 or two flags to stop the ticket count from automatically counting down.     Then they go at it in giant pistol/knife duels.     The points rack up quick.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Up to 50 total knife kills now.  Managing to get about 6 knife kills around on crowded servers doing nothing but knife/c4 for points.  I'll get it soon though.  Gotta log like 8 more hours on support to be able to get veteran on that, but thats probably not gonna happen =\  I suck at flying planes, helicopters and commanding too, so I guess I need to work on those.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Knife badge is the only one left I need to get too. Sucks, been at it for weeks and I always end up with 6 kills once the round ends.

If someone would pm me and want to hook up and get this badge that would be cool.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Knife badge is the only one left I need to get too. Sucks, been at it for weeks and I always end up with 6 kills once the round ends.

If someone would pm me and want to hook up and get this badge that would be cool.

Find us on Xfire.. check the thread about it.

-d
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok, lets make arrangements for Friday night. We'll find an small ranked server and do some knife and pistol only fighting. Just a few games (that's all that should be required), until most get enough for their basic ribbons/badges.

No STAT PADDING ALLOWED! We don't want our accounts reset. Please remove the clan tags temporarly, before joining the server.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Um excuse me, but how do I remove clan tag.  This grasshopper's BF2 Fu is weak!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#10]
You should be able to type a few letters in the Prefix 'clan' field, then delete it to remove the clan tag (so that it's blank). This doesn't always work though (bug).

OR

Just type something else beside [AR15] into the field.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Otay!  I think?  I'll give it a shot tonight.

Oh I forgot....  I don't have a mic yet, so I won't be able to talk once I'm given access.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top