Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2004 6:43:36 AM EST
I have a Bushy Dissipator in the old post-ban configuration. Im trying to get the barrell threaded so I can put a flash hider on it. I called one gunsmith shop and he wanted $150.00 dollars just to thread the barrell!!

Does anyone know of a gunsmith who charges reasonable prices that can thread a barrell?

Otherwise, I will have to buy a new barrell from Bushmaster for $200.00.

I refuse to pay $150.00 dollars to thread a $200.00 barrell!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:04:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 9:05:20 AM EST by TapperMan]
You could check out Randy Kline at Sledgehammer Arms Works in Mansfield, TX. He has a good reputation over at the FALFiles site. He made a nice sleeved FH for one of my FALs back during the dark days of the ban. Here's a thread from FALFiles-

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115087
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:25:59 AM EST
Have you called Bushmaster? Since you bought it from them, they may give you a break on the price. Its worth a call, but remember you've probably got to pay the to & from shipping. Let us know what happens because I'm sure that others may want to do the samething.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:55:40 AM EST
You can ship it to ADCO for $56 for threading..... Locally Lonestar would have done it, but they are not running business right now last I checked because of the fire.

Personally, I just bought new barrels, then sold my old barrels... and the cost to me in the end was about the same as sending my out for threading and shipping.... and I got new barrels.
Top Top