Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 8:23:44 PM EDT
I was just browsing through some railroad pictures on railpictures.net and figured I'd ask, do we have any other rail fans on here?  I wish Norfolk Southern still ran their steam program that they ended in 1994. Anyone remember the norfolk southern steam program?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump for the day time crew
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I like trains in that I get goosebumps when a diesel locomotive rumbles by.
I like the sound of the Amtrak horns so much I purchased a set of brand new
Nathan Airchime K5LA horns.  (the set used on the Amtrak)

I got to drive one once, about 27 years ago.  Cool as hell when you are 7 years old.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd like to go for a cab ride in one just to see what it is like, especially a steam locomotive, they are truely beautiful pieces of machinery, up there with old air planes like the P51.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't remember the steam program, but I like them trains and I work for the railroad, all the live long day. In the IT dept, but I support the Trans dept. Train yards are smelly, dirty, and LOUD.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:06:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to be on railpictures.net, but got banned because they didnt like putting all my photos up.  The picture screeners actually sent me an email saying, "we arent here to screen your railroad pictures".  The dude who owns that site, owns it for the money it generates.  He cant tell the differnce between EMDs, GEs, and Alsos.

A real railroad picture sight, one thats dedicated to railfans and their pictures is Railroad Picture Archives.  I highly suggest you browse through there.  The owner of that site is in it for the joy of railfaning.  He doesnt make any money of it.

Here is my most recent photography thread, here, on arfcom

My Train Pics Thread
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I used to be on railpictures.net, but got banned because they didnt like putting all my photos up.  The picture screeners actually sent me an email saying, "we arent here to screen your railroad pictures".  The dude who owns that site, owns it for the money it generates.  He cant tell the differnce between EMDs, GEs, and Alsos.

A real railroad picture sight, one thats dedicated to railfans and their pictures is Railroad Picture Archives.  I highly suggest you browse through there.  The owner of that site is in it for the joy of railfaning.  He doesnt make any money of it.

My Train Pics Thread

Did you mean www.rrpicturearchives.net/?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#7]
FAIL-SAFE, you've got some nice pictures.  I wish I had time get out and do some more railroad photography than I actually do.  Have you ever been hassled while out taking pictures?

ETA: www.rrpicturearchives.net is awesome...they've got over a thousand pictures taken in my home town of Spartanburg SC.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:18:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I've heard of a chick named Lana that was really, really into trains.

"Sometimes, ya just gotta say...what the fuck."
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw a train on Guam once

"train, train.....take me on out of this town...."
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My Train Pics Thread

Did you mean www.rrpicturearchives.net/?

I did indeed.  I f00ked up.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
FAIL-SAFE, you've got some nice pictures.  I wish I had time get out and do some more railroad photography than I actually do.  Have you ever been hassled while out taking pictures?

ETA: www.rrpicturearchives.net is awesome...they've got over a thousand pictures taken in my home town of Spartanburg SC.

Not really.  I had problems with a KCS guy when I was on their property, but once I explained to him I had permission from the yardmaster, he didnt bother me anymore.  I photograph mostly in Dallas(about a mile from DPD HQ), and every now and then DPD, DART PD, and DCSO will stop by, but they only do it to make sure I'm okay.  UP Special Agents used to be real fucking dicks, but they all got removed, and a new group of SA's are in ther area.  They are good guys, and gun nuts, so we have lots of BS sessions.

Last Monday was a different story, though.  Another photographer and I were sitting in a spot south of UP mega sized Centenial yard.  3 well dressed old coots came out told us to leave.  We didnt, and a crew came out and put up No Tresspassing signs were we park.  Damn shame.  I have been going to that spot for 15 years.  They put the old, tired 9/11 excuse on us.  Totally lame.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:25:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Count me as a rail fan. I prefer to chase steam,  but have between 60-80 BNSF trains a day through my town, so I get a well rounded dose of railroading.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top