Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/10/2006 12:11:37 PM EDT
I'm mulling over a business idea that would involve power boats. Ever been to one of those vacation spots in Florida where you rent a boat to take you water skiing for $60 per hour or whatever?

What exactly are those boats? What are some makes/models that you might purchase if you wanted to run a waterskiing business?

When you buy a boat as an individual, how do you finance it? Is it like a car loan or motorcylce loan? 3-5 years at whatever the going interest rate is at the time?

I just need a couple basic questions answered and I'll hit google or head over to the local boat shop for the rest of the info.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:20:55 PM EDT
I have a friend that is very into "speed" boats.

His current cruiser will do a little over 140mph, seats 5 people, and runs on pump gas.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:33:09 PM EDT

<------------ See here.

Sold this one recently...

Although there are much better boats (Ski Nautique etc, etc) for real skiing you should probably stick with outboards for rentals. Fuel costs for an inboard would be prohibitive, (see above picture for an idea of how I know), you can change an outboard quickly in the event of a failure, more room inside for passengers and you can mount your ski pole near the transom so that people in the boat aren't ducking each time you turn a corner.

I'm a "car engine in a boat" kind of guy but personal preferences can get in the way of practicality and profit.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:37:05 PM EDT
I'll take a Zodiac CZ7 thank you very much
www.zodiaccz7.com/
Same boat the SEALs use minus the guns. Only $195,000
And here's an awsome-ass video of it www.zodiaccz7.com/images1/video/cz7medium.wmv
Top Top