Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/30/2014 12:25:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/30/2014 3:08:58 PM EDT by Reservist]

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7TrmWZ

click that link above.

It's all the parts you would need to put together a gaming computer. The graphics card is a little outdated but that can be updated at a later date at your leisure, that is the beauty of a gaming computer.

it wont be this price for long half those parts are that price due to black friday deals

edit:FYI the price is slowly creeping up, it's gone up 6 dollars since I posted this.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:26:48 AM EDT
dual core?
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:27:54 AM EDT
no SSD, fail.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:28:26 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cfpkiller:
dual core?
View Quote
Yep its a great CPU google the bench marks for it. You can play modern games with it on high - ultra settings with a good GPU. A few people in my arfcom gaming crew are using that chip, they have no complaints.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:28:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/30/2014 12:29:36 AM EDT by Reservist]
Originally Posted By xenophon21:
no SSD, fail.
View Quote
Lol you're stupid. It's 290 dollars man. It's a gaming build for beginners that they can update at their leisure.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:28:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/30/2014 12:35:33 AM EDT by MrVegas]
You could go to some killer Minesweeper LAN parties with a rig like that.

ETA: If I were on a budget today and looking to build a gaming PC I'd just save money and build from the case up. Games are getting more and more intense in regards to system requirements and I'd rather not waste money on components that I'm likely to soon replace.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:31:24 AM EDT
Where do you get the OS?
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:31:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Reservist:
Lol you're stupid. It's 290 dollars man. It's a gaming build for beginners that they can update at their leisure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xenophon21:
no SSD, fail.
Lol no sweat man. It is cheap/affordable. You didn't say beginners. :)
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:34:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/30/2014 12:36:42 AM EDT by Reservist]
Originally Posted By MrVegas:
View Quote
Actually if you do some research on the parts there are videos of people playing high end games with that CPU and that GPU not with them as a pair but separately in independent builds
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:39:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Thoughtcrime:
Where do you get the OS?
View Quote

LinuxMint.com
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:43:53 AM EDT
Actually if you do some research on the parts there are videos of people playing high end games with that CPU and that GPU not with them as a pair but separately in independent builds
View All Quotes

I'm sure you can play them but I personally would rather play them and enjoy looking at them. I added to my first post as well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:44:01 AM EDT
Might want to put a decent power supply in that cart.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:45:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/30/2014 12:45:56 AM EDT by Chaingun]
Yep its a great CPU google the bench marks for it. You can play modern games with it on high - ultra settings with a good GPU. A few people in my arfcom gaming crew are using that chip, they have no complaints.
View All Quotes
dual core?

There's better and it will work, but I expected an i7 quad core

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Pentium+G3258+%40+3.20GHz
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:50:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Thoughtcrime:
Where do you get the OS?
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:51:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Accidental:
Might want to put a decent power supply in that cart.
View Quote
There is a power supply its about 3 times more then the computer needs as well so it leaves room for upgrades, look closer.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:59:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Chaingun:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
dual core?

Yeah we originally started making low end builds with that CPU because we saw you could play crisis 3 on ultra with it. The guys in our teamspeak that use it have had no complaints or lag.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:01:31 AM EDT
I would skip the 1tb HHD and get a SSD, then a 1tb at a later date. Also the CPU can be upgraded later when its outdated.

I'm a AMD guy but thats not a bad deal.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:03:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By rx7145:
I would skip the 1tb HHD and get a SSD, then a 1tb at a later date. Also the CPU can be upgraded later when its outdated.

I'm a AMD guy but thats not a bad deal.
View Quote

Yeah I'd rather start with a 120GB SSD rather than a 1TB HDD.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:07:54 AM EDT
Dual core
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:09:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/30/2014 1:09:39 AM EDT by Reservist]
I could get you guys a link to free hookers and someone would bitch.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:11:37 AM EDT
Ewwww.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:11:56 AM EDT
View Quote

We would bitch after about the poor service
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:13:04 AM EDT

Perfectly describing GD.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:14:35 AM EDT

View All Quotes

Then post pictures of it cut into pieces....wait what are we talking about again?
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:14:51 AM EDT
View Quote

indeed.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:19:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MI_FZ6:

Then post pictures of it cut into pieces....wait what are we talking about again?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MI_FZ6:

haha!

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:20:20 AM EDT
480 watts

lol
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:20:38 AM EDT
Thats hardly a "gaming" PC, those are borderline WalMart desktop pc specs bro.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:25:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/30/2014 1:27:10 AM EDT by MetalWench]
Originally Posted By Rosenrot:
View Quote

Could you make one for the same price and make it legit? I think not. Bruh..
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:28:34 AM EDT
Celeron CPU, no fucking thanks.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:35:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/30/2014 1:55:02 AM EDT by Reservist]
View Quote

Please do some research before just declaring something the truth. The benchmarks for the CPU have already been posted in this thread its a great CPU.

I pulled a random walmart computer that costs 60 dollars more then this build it comes with bare bones parts, a slower hard drive, half the ram, smaller power supply, and NO graphics card.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-Inspiron-3000-Desktop-PC-with-Intel-Core-i3-4150-Processor-4GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-8.1-Monitor-Not-Included/36976913?action=product_interest&action_type=title&placement_id=irs_top&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=HbLRo1zPwZiE_i1tS_WFU0&category=&client_guid=943e4c1e-d891-4386-83a8-9e77e47ac1e0&customer_id_enc=&config_id=2&parent_item_id=37821506&guid=c492a9ed-4f41-42cd-90ea-33c6bc6e212d&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&beacon_version=1.0.0&findingMethod=p13n

No this is not a walmart computer, it is a gaming computer by every definition of the term. Adding a good graphics card to this build would take it from a decent computer to a great one.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:35:19 AM EDT
I don't know anything about gaming PCs. Would this be a good build for a racing simulator?
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:36:53 AM EDT
Think that it's enough PC for Minecraft?

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:39:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/30/2014 1:51:26 AM EDT by SageEBR]
Hrmmm.... using that site this is the cheapest rig I would be comfortable with at $574.53:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rLjJRB

ETA: You could knock that build down to about $500 using the case in the original build with a built in PS but I like at least an 80+ power supply.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:39:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Jag-grad:
I don't know anything about gaming PCs. Would this be a good build for a racing simulator?
View Quote
Yes. Next years games will require a better video card then this. That will cost you about 130.00 and it takes about 5 minutes to switch it out.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:41:19 AM EDT
Yes. Next years games will require a better video card then this. That will cost you about 130.00 and it takes about 5 minutes to switch it out.
View All Quotes

Thanks. What would be a better card?
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:41:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:43:00 AM EDT
dual core?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:50:23 AM EDT

View All Quotes

Well I can't say what would be a better card next year but if you are talking about buying this build with a better card right now I would reccomend the nvidia geforce 660 or the 750ti they play any game on ultra settings and they are REALLY cheap right now. Those are both in the 100 dollar to 140 dollar range. If you want to spend more money then that there are much better cards but those WILL play games on high settings and you wont break your bank with them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:59:50 AM EDT
Well I can't say what would be a better card next year but if you are talking about buying this build with a better card right now I would reccomend the nvidia geforce 660 or the 750ti they play any game on ultra settings and they are REALLY cheap right now. Those are both in the 100 dollar to 140 dollar range. If you want to spend more money then that there are much better cards but those WILL play games on high settings and you wont break your bank with them.
View All Quotes

That answered my question. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:04:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MetalWench:

View All Quotes

That's sort of the point. At this price point there aren't any "gaming PCs", unless your idea of a game is like Civ V with the lowest graphics settings and 5min waits between turns. Anyone who does actual gaming is going to want to drop at least double.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:09:58 AM EDT

View All Quotes

I think the 650ti-boost 2gb is one of the best price to performance deals around right now at that range. It's what I have, and it's about as low a GPU as I'd want to go for any remotely demanding new games. Not sure if racing games are that demanding on the GPU though, so you may be fine with less, but generally the "decent performance and quality" price point these days is 150-200 for a 900-1080p screen and new games, if you consider around 45fps acceptable.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:16:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DNK:
I think the 650ti-boost 2gb is one of the best price to performance deals around right now at that range. It's what I have, and it's about as low a GPU as I'd want to go for any remotely demanding new games. Not sure if racing games are that demanding on the GPU though, so you may be fine with less, but generally the "decent performance and quality" price point these days is 150-200 for a 900-1080p screen and new games, if you consider around 45fps acceptable.
View All Quotes

Snip... because arfcom went Ferguson on quote blocks

This list is helpful and frequently updated : http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html

I also got my earlier build down some, better PS, different case but cheaper overall at $531 and I would still personally spend more on a few things if it was my own: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/w8m3dC
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:17:22 AM EDT
That's sort of the point. At this price point there aren't any "gaming PCs", unless your idea of a game is like Civ V with the lowest graphics settings and 5min waits between turns. Anyone who does actual gaming is going to want to drop at least double.
View All Quotes

Well yeah that's sort of the point, you're always want to want better, especially when it comes to gaming PC's. Or a PC in general. But, when you're on a budget and can't afford all the crazy at once, you can do it in stages. You're always going to have to upgrade, we'll call it Christmas presents for the rest of your life.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:23:16 AM EDT
Only XCRmonger could have done better!
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:27:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/30/2014 2:28:36 AM EDT by MetalWench]
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:
View All Quotes
Don't even know who that is..
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:29:12 AM EDT
not worth finding out vw.

just..... not worth bothering before someone white knights for her.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:29:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By godseviltwin:
not worth finding out vw.

View Quote
just..... not worth bothering before someone white knights for her.
OOOOHHH. One of those. Gotcha.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:37:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SageEBR:

This list is helpful and frequently updated : http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html

I also got my earlier build down some, better PS, different case but cheaper overall at $531 and I would still personally spend more on a few things if it was my own: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/w8m3dC
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SageEBR:
Originally Posted By DNK

Yeah, I used that too on my last purchase. Odd the 650tiB isn't listed on there. 6mo back it was the best, but yeah, go with whatever themostrecent stuff on that site says, or at least base your search off of that. It doesn't take into account specific deals you might if nd, especially this time of year.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:38:30 AM EDT
View All Quotes

At what?

There's a lot going on in that comic strip.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:40:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/30/2014 2:43:12 AM EDT by Redarts]

ETA: If I were on a budget today and looking to build a gaming PC I'd just save money and build from the case up. Games are getting more and more intense in regards to system requirements and I'd rather not waste money on components that I'm likely to soon replace.
View Quote

They really aren't

Computers last soooo much longer now than they used to.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top