Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2002 12:23:24 PM EDT
Thinking about going back in under a 12mo contract...any good hooah low-bullshit Infantry units in the Indianapolis area?  One of my friends (prior service Navy) is thinking about doing it too...can he do a try-1?

QS
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#1]
There are probably only 1-2 infantry units MAX in the Indy area.  Might be hooah, or they might suck.  Unless you know somebody in the unit who can tell you, talk to a recruiter and ask to go along on 1-2 drills first.

This will give you an opportunity to see some of the training first and and talk to some of the EM's.  They will most likely give it to you straight, and let you know if they are worth a crap.

Might want to look at this thread also...
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=104394[/url]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a good thought...going to a drill with them would be a good way to see if they're ate-up or not.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I just joined and leave shortly but in my travels I have found that all the 11B at least around here seemed extra low speed. I found a Cav unit much further away by calling every armory I could get a phone number for off the web. Going 19D (Scout Recon) and hope for the best. I am very excited to go!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top