Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/3/2001 12:15:32 PM EDT
I live in Seattle and love to shoot in the Monroe/Sultan area I just hate to go by myself, if there is a group of people interested maybe we could all meet?
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:08:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2001 1:06:37 PM EDT by Aviator]
Byzan, I live down in Vancouver. I would go shooting, but the ONLY reason I go up to the Seattle area is to go to Guard in Tacoma. If you know of a place South of the cities I'd be happy to meet and go shooting [:)] Aviator Edited because I screwed my smiley up!
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:45:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 3:46:53 PM EDT
I live in Auburn, Went out shooting in Greenwater yesterday with my wife. LMK
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 4:26:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Paul: The Seattle/Everett area "group" has been going out to Granite Falls. I'll be there again on this coming Saturday and would lead the way for you.
View Quote
Since I've been out of the loop for over a year now I didn't even know anyone in the Seattle area was hooking up. Myself and a few friends live in the Everett/Marysville area and would love to join you all. Some of them are even GFPD's finest. [rolleyes] Shoot me an email sometime! Thanks, CS
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 6:34:50 PM EDT
Granite Falls? Really. You all are so silent I didn't know. Do you go get lost in the woods, or is there a designated range that you use like the one on Rifle Club Road?
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 6:56:04 PM EDT
Are old guys invited too? I work Saturdays... so would be a go for some Sunday shooting either up north or even down south... if not too far away. Sounds like it would be a bit of fun after I receive my new rifle. Either post more info or send e-mail and then too, there are several AR people who shoot over at WSI on Friday nights. Perhaps they would be interested in getting out of town as well. Thanks [8D]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 7:26:13 PM EDT
I live in Arlington and have been shooting all over. I could go mid-week or weekends. Let me know and I would meet somewhere for an afternoon of fun!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 7:29:13 PM EDT
I live in bellingham and usually shoot at paper plates and tree trunks.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:53:12 PM EDT
Paul, How about on Sunday? I have to work on Saturday. #($&@& Navy!! One year and 27 days, but who is counting!!! Everyone, if you are up for it we can set up a place to meet and time, plus a couple ground rules. 1. There IS a firing line. 2. No asking if that is a pre-ban especially if you know it isn't) 3. Bump firing allowed 4. Firearms sharing is encouraged.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 9:00:15 PM EDT
Hey, you're all west siders....... no central/eastern Washington members????
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:32:40 PM EDT
I'm in Seattle too, and I just got a new Bushmaster on Saturday at WAC, and want to go play with it out of a formal benchrest range setting, lets set something up, Vulch
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 11:30:21 PM EDT
This is to maggot and anyone else in the greenwater\ snoqualmie national forest area, just giving you a heads up the task force is going to be cracking down on recreational shooters out in greenwater this summer. Rummor has it the forest service is finding to many trashed up gravel pits with (you guessed it) spent brass and garbage all around. A word to all recreational shooters using federal land, if you pack it in be sure to pack it out, or all of us will lose the priveledge to use the pits. Also the other buzz word out there is meth labs in the woods kiddies, the forest service is finding a bunch of the along the state route 70 I'm sure all you LEO's out there will tell you to stay away from an old meth lab, there are chemicals in them that make a superfun site look like a picnic at gamefarm park. take care Ash
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 10:26:31 AM EDT
Ok do we all want to meet up this weekend, I have my 2 year old on Friday and Saturady--But I should be free on Sunday. Email me @ Bryanz1@hotmail.com We can all meet @ a central location and go from there. I am hoping that we could get together and shoot, + maybe everyone brings some food and bevs, we can have a really nice time shootin, and eatin. Lets get the ball rolling.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 1:25:32 PM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 1:40:09 PM EDT
I live in tacoma and interested in shooting with you guys. I cant do it this weekened im on standby. but let me know when your going out next. I just picked up a AR10 T and it needs sighted in. My other ar's are getting dusty to.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 7:19:30 PM EDT
Arlington? I used to live there...I have a 2' steel plate camo'd hanging from a stump at 550 yards, an old scuba cylinder at 400, another at 300, a stump labeled at 100, and debris pile measured out at 25 up off of Cavanaugh Lake road. Sundays are out for me and every other fri and sat I have my little ones. This week is for the kids, but I'll keep looking for more posts. Glad to see so many of you are nearby. CLEARFIRE-I share, but if you scratch my new eurotrash HK I just might cry. Regards, CS
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:31:14 PM EDT
I like to go to greenwater also! You might want to hook with waltere, "see his reply" he did'nt look like an old guy when he got behind that 20mm last month in oregon and let one rip!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:32:38 PM EDT
Coversix, I shoot off of Lake Cavanaugh Rd almost weekly. I come up the hill from 530 and usually stop at the first pit on the left. Not really enough distance for the M1A but the AR takes care of business. Look for a tan Westy and that would be me camped out and burning up ammo!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 1:30:57 AM EDT
Westy = Westfalia?
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 10:14:39 AM EDT
How come all of you people aren't on the AR15-related e-mail list for Washington residents?
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:32:31 AM EDT
What WA list? I'll go shoot any time, any where!
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:34:16 AM EDT
Most likely because we were unaware that such a thing existed.... Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:38:44 AM EDT
Educate me! What list? [beer]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 12:13:17 PM EDT
The [wa-freedom] list is dedicated to all things AR15 and comprised mainly of Western Washington AR15 enthusiasts and the conversations revolve around such, although I'm sure anyone from anywhere who has an interest in firearms is welcome to join and participate. There are a couple of ways to subscribe. You can head over to groups.yahoo.com and register. That's a hassle. The easy way is to send an e-mail mail to wa-shooters-subscribe@eGroups.com with "subscribe e-mail" in the body. Note that 'e-mail' should actually be the e-mail address you want messages from the list sent to. IE: If your e-mail address were abc@def.net, you would simply put "subscribe abc@def.net" (no quoatation marks) in the body of the email and nothing more. You do not need to put anything in the subject box. You'll get back a confirmation notice. Reply to it. Then, you'll start getting messages from the list.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 2:04:34 PM EDT
Copy that. All those targets I placed are around the backside of the ridge about a mile before the lake. Big clearcut on left. I'll be up there every other week starting at the end of this month. [beer] CS
Originally Posted By westyjeff: Coversix, I shoot off of Lake Cavanaugh Rd almost weekly. I come up the hill from 530 and usually stop at the first pit on the left. Not really enough distance for the M1A but the AR takes care of business. Look for a tan Westy and that would be me camped out and burning up ammo!!!!!!
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:28:01 PM EDT
Anyone make plans?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:30:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Maggot: Anyone make plans?
View Quote
June 16th, 0900 at the McChevron in Granite. I think it been posted here somewhere, I just can't find it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:02:54 PM EDT
Look in the Meetings and Events forum: Who: All Washington Evil Black Rifle Shooters What: A get together, rifle tweaking and possibly some competition. When: 9:00 and again at 12:00 ON JUNE 16th Where: Granite Falls - we'll meet at the above times at the Chevron/McDonalds.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:26:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/10/2001 9:40:09 AM EDT by BusMaster007]
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU... What to bring? Besides the TOYS?
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:49:22 AM EDT
If you are going to Granite Falls I suggest that you bring: A gun. Ammunition. Targets. Common sense. Rain gear, sunscreen, ground cover, chairs, clay launcher, that's is all optional.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:13:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ClearFire: If you are going to Granite Falls I suggest that you bring: A gun. Ammunition. Targets. Common sense. Rain gear, sunscreen, ground cover, chairs, clay launcher, that's is all optional.
View Quote
Geez, you might want to bring a wheelbarrow to haul all that stuff in (and out), too! [:)] I got some bad news about the sand pit up in Sultan Basin this morning when I went up there to check out my new M44. There were a number of surveyors and foresters in the general area. A timber sale is about to occur in the woods around the pit where everyone shoots. They are going to be improving the road and installing a new gate, which means the area will be off limits to shooting for at least the duration of the logging operations and, with a new gate, perhaps permanently. I hope not, I love to shoot there. Keeping my fingers crossed, but every time I see them install one of those God damned gates, it seems to get used.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 10:55:37 PM EDT
^
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 11:08:48 PM EDT
Will be checking this out, as soon as my rifle comes in... sounds like fun. W
Top Top