Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 9:08:23 AM EST
I bought an iPhone 3G two weeks ago. Now they are selling for $99. Will they give me credit for the $99 on my account, or kinda prorate me on the new 3GS? Just kinda curious whether or not I am screwed.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:36:37 AM EST
Does ATT have a 30 day return policy? If so tell them that if they dont credit you the difference you will just return it and buy a new one at the new price.

If they dont well then I think you are out the difference.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:38:04 AM EST
AT&T is not who you have to worry about, its Apple. Apple about has full control over the iPhone plans and product. If you bought it from an AT&T store, then you may have some luck. But if you bought it from Apple, I would just restore it, put it back in the box, and say you never used it
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:39:00 AM EST
Shouldn't this be in the worst job thread.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:41:35 AM EST
Originally Posted By southlak9cop:
I bought an iPhone 3G two weeks ago. Now they are selling for $99. Will they give me credit for the $99 on my account, or kinda prorate me on the new 3GS? Just kinda curious whether or not I am screwed.

Negative - you are hosed.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:43:52 AM EST
Originally Posted By Hunterview:
AT&T is not who you have to worry about, its Apple. Apple about has full control over the iPhone plans and product. If you bought it from an AT&T store, then you may have some luck. But if you bought it from Apple, I would just restore it, put it back in the box, and say you never used it

This post is chalked full-o-fail. Lots of inaccurate info.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:51:12 PM EST
I just left the AT&T store, and they are giving me an even exchange on my iPhone 3g for the new iPhone 3gs. I bought the 8gb on the 25th of may and I just have to pay a $20 restocking fee.

You have 30 days to do the exchange so I just reserved my new iPhone today and it should be available a week after the release date. You will be good to go for a $100 credit if you keep your current phone.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:48:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/18/2009 4:49:39 AM EST by EightySecond]
Originally Posted By chadban:
I just left the AT&T store, and they are giving me an even exchange on my iPhone 3g for the new iPhone 3gs. I bought the 8gb on the 25th of may and I just have to pay a $20 restocking fee.

You have 30 days to do the exchange so I just reserved my new iPhone today and it should be available a week after the release date. You will be good to go for a $100 credit if you keep your current phone.

Top Top