Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/25/2016 12:11:26 PM EDT
I've made it well known I'm not a huge Costco fan. But I needed to go this morning to get some coffee and dishwasher packs (good prices on both these) and I talked to a guy advertising their Costco Visa card. No annual fee (besides your Costco membership) 4% back on fuel, 3% restaurants, 2% on Costco purchases, 1% everything else.

After recent events with cabelas I've been thinking of closing my card with them and this seems like a decent alternative.

Anyone use it?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:14:42 PM EDT
I've been interested in this card as well.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:15:21 PM EDT
Yes, I use it on all travel, fuel, and Costco purchases, since it pays me the highest return, but for "all other" I have other cards that do better. Keep in mind, you will get your cash back in the form of a Costco check.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:16:50 PM EDT
I use it...I don't do much leisure flying so I chose this card over a an airline one (Alaska, Southwest).
I did a kitchen remod on my old Costco card (Amex) and loved cashing that $845 check...
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:17:45 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Soot4Brains:
Yes, I use it on all travel, fuel, and Costco purchases, since it pays me the highest return, but for "all other" I have other cards that do better. Keep in mind, you will get your cash back in the form of a Costco check.
View Quote

And you can simply walk up to the customer service desk and cash it...did it last year.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:19:15 PM EDT
We're using the CITI card for fuel, restaurants and Costco purchases
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:19:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rogueboss:
I've made it well known I'm not a huge Costco fan. But I needed to go this morning to get some coffee and dishwasher packs (good prices on both these) and I talked to a guy advertising their Costco Visa card. No annual fee (besides your Costco membership) 4% back on fuel, 3% restaurants, 2% on Costco purchases, 1% everything else.

After recent events with cabelas I've been thinking of closing my card with them and this seems like a decent alternative.

Anyone use it?
View Quote

I have one.

First 7k in gas gets 4% then 1% after.

I eat out a lot so 3% is good.

I buy certain things at Costco and Ill take 2% on that.

I use my other cards for everything else. Its Citi, they are ok, I have the double cash card too.

The MAJOR downside is that you collect your rewards annually at an actual Costco in the form of a check rather than monthly.
Top Top