Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/7/2006 6:30:08 AM EDT
I have been having problems with them lately. All of a sudden it takes 3-4 days to get a movie instead of 2 days. I was looking for customer service contact address on the web because of course they don''t have one on thier web site, and found this:

Have you heard of throttling? Throttling is what
Netflix does to its older customers, people who have
been with the company for over a month, it is their
way of slowing down the movies that you receive.Sorry,
but if you don't know what this is and think im crazy,
you might wanna check out a website called Hacking
Netflix. On this site you will find many people who
are a little less than pleased with the customer "non"
service and the many lies that are told to them by
Netflix reps , when we ask why it suddenly starts
taking longer for the movies to arrive? Or why is it
that when you live on one coast the movie ships from
the other coast?Think it's because you have a title
not available in your local center? Think again!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:37:50 AM EDT
My poor service started when I changed from 3 to 2 movies at a time. It used to take a day for movies to go from Phoenix to Flagstaff, AZ, now it is 3 days. Customer for 3 years.

You can't email anyone and there is no phone number. I wrote them using the mailing address on the mailer and got a form letter back in 3 weeks apologiziing for the crappy service but doing nothing about it.

They do have a great movie selection (old movies, British TV, documentaries). I don't rent much of the crap Hollywierd puts out now.

Maybe a mass ARFCOM cancellation would get their attention?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:40:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 6:44:22 AM EDT by VoodooChile]
Oh I believe you.....I started a thread on the exact topic about a month ago.

ETA: They don't like the heavy users. I sent a movie back last Tuesday and they didn't "receive" it until the following Monday. My shipping center is in my town..its should be one day service.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:41:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:43:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:46:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 6:48:47 AM EDT by HRoark]
Am I the only one here that doesn't have a problem with netflix?

I have the 3 at-a-time plan, I go through maybe 9 or 10 movies a month, and I still get the dvds in 1 (sometimes 2) days.

I'd also like to say, that if it started takeing 3 or 4 days to get movies, before this thread I probably wouldn't have even noticed, and even if I noticed, I don't think I'd care.

Why do you need turnaround that fast anyway? Are you just burning the movies and sending them back?

How the hell is 3 days crappy service? If you really need that many movies a month I think you need to get out more. There is a world outside of the internet and your television.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:48:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 6:57:40 AM EDT by mjohn3006]
I see the problems others have. But I'm not a heavy user. I am on the 3 at a time plan, and only get about 6-10 movies a month. So I have no problems.

ETA: I sent three movies yesterday, and I just recieved the "receiving emails". I fully expect, as is always teh case, to get the shipped emails later today, and recieve the 3 new movies tomorrow.

BTW Serenity kicked ass.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:50:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HRoark:

I have the 3 at-a-time plan, I go through maybe 9 or 10 movies a month, and I still get the dvds in 1 (sometimes 2) days.

I'd also like to say, that if it started takeing 3 or 4 days to get movies, before this thread I probably wouldn't have even noticed, and even if I noticed, I don't think I'd care.

Why do you need turnaround that fast anyway? Are you just burning the movies and sending them back?

Some of us like to watch movies on our days off and try to manage our Netflix accordingly..others don't like getting ripped off..What difference does it make?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:50:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:53:43 AM EDT
I've been with Netflix for years (3 at least). In my case, the service center is in Mass, about 50 miles away.

It is very rare that a movie takes more than 1 day to arrive after they receive my returned DVD. That has happened maybe 3 times (I get about 12 DVDs a month, so call that about 500 total movies in round numbers). On the other hand, the DVD I have returned has probably taken 1 day to get there in all but 10 times. Maybe 8 of those have been there within 2 days. But 2 have taken more than a week.

So, in total, I'd say that I've recevied about 487 out of 500 disks in 1 day, and the bulk of the problem with the 13 disks has likely been trouble with the USPS.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:56:18 AM EDT
This is a letter taken from hacking netflix.

Hi Alan,
Thanks for your inquiry.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and comments. I sincerely apologize for the difficulties you've experienced and have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate department. Please be assured that we are continually striving to improve our service.

I have provided below some details of how we ship and process DVDs so that you can understand how our service works at this time:

We receive rental returns Monday through Friday, except holidays. We process nearly 100% of returns the same day we receive them. When we check-in a return, an e-mail is automatically and promptly sent to you to let you know that we have received your DVD.

Our goal is to ship you the DVDs listed highest in your Queue. We try to ship you DVDs from the distribution center closest to you so that you get movies quickly. Often, on the same day that we receive a DVD from you, we will ship the next available DVD from your Queue. In certain instances, your next available DVD will not ship until the next business day following our receipt of your returned movie. This can occur, for example, when your top choices are not available to you from your closest distribution center or the number of shipments to be processed by the distribution center on that day has been exceeded. When this happens, your DVD will ship on the next business day and may come from an alternate distribution center.

In determining priority for shipping and inventory allocation, we give priority to those members who receive the fewest DVDs through our service. As a result, those members who receive the most movies may experience next-day shipping and receive movies lower in their Queue more often than our other members. By prioritizing in this way, we help assure a balanced experience for all our members. Those that rent a lot of movies get a great value and those with lighter viewing habits are able to count on our service to meet their limited needs.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,
[name withheld]
Netflix Customer Service

Seems fair to me. It's the way they run their business, I don't see them denying anything.

If you don't like it, drop netflix and find someone else.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:56:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:59:44 AM EDT
no problems here, but, if your haveing "old customer" problems, cancel, rejoin as a new customer to see if that solves the problem.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:01:27 AM EDT
My Netflix center is 45 miles away, I use to get movies really quickly but lately I've been seeing delays. Guess I got put on the slow list. Member for several years.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:03:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 7:06:10 AM EDT by VoodooChile]

This is a letter taken from hacking netflix.

Hi Alan,
Thanks for your inquiry.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and comments. I sincerely apologize for the difficulties you've experienced and have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate department. Please be assured that we are continually striving to improve our service.

I have provided below some details of how we ship and process DVDs so that you can understand how our service works at this time:

We receive rental returns Monday through Friday, except holidays. We process nearly 100% of returns the same day we receive them. When we check-in a return, an e-mail is automatically and promptly sent to you to let you know that we have received your DVD.

Our goal is to ship you the DVDs listed highest in your Queue. We try to ship you DVDs from the distribution center closest to you so that you get movies quickly. Often, on the same day that we receive a DVD from you, we will ship the next available DVD from your Queue. In certain instances, your next available DVD will not ship until the next business day following our receipt of your returned movie. This can occur, for example, when your top choices are not available to you from your closest distribution center or the number of shipments to be processed by the distribution center on that day has been exceeded. When this happens, your DVD will ship on the next business day and may come from an alternate distribution center.

In determining priority for shipping and inventory allocation, we give priority to those members who receive the fewest DVDs through our service. As a result, those members who receive the most movies may experience next-day shipping and receive movies lower in their Queue more often than our other members. By prioritizing in this way, we help assure a balanced experience for all our members. Those that rent a lot of movies get a great value and those with lighter viewing habits are able to count on our service to meet their limited needs.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,
[name withheld]
Netflix Customer Service

Seems fair to me. It's the way they run their business, I don't see them denying anything.

If you don't like it, drop netflix and find someone else.

It doesn't address the main complaint...slow turnaround..not next day..but 3 days later on the mailout
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:04:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Rockdoc:
My poor service started when I changed from 3 to 2 movies at a time.

Wow I thought it was just me.
This is the same thing that happened to us.
This really can't be a coincidence.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:09:21 AM EDT

I'm up for that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:15:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:16:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Aimless:

Originally Posted By jrzy:

There is a website, the link has beenposted here, where some guy opened multiple netflix accounts and was able to show netflix's throttling. I THINK they may have been successfully sued over it.

There was a class action suit against netflix, is that what you're talking about?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:19:53 AM EDT
I have had NetFlix for several years and have had near zero problems. Only twice has a movie failed to arrive. I report it and a replacement is sent out asap.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:20:55 AM EDT
I'm on the 3 movie plan and I don't have any major complaints. I have very little comprehension of the postal service so if it takes 2-3 days I figure it's a busy day.

I attribute longer waits to the availability of the movies.

What pisses me off more is watching a movie that gets stuck because people that used the movie before me scratched the living shit out of it. Remember when CD's first came out and people used to handle them like a new born child? Not any more. I rarely get a movie I don't have to get up and clean halfway into it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:21:02 AM EDT
I just called the number on the second post. I was on hold for about 10 minutes. The guy I spoke too said they don't do that. I told him I was getting fed up with the slowing service. He put me on the list for 4 movies at a time for a month free. Guess I'll wait until after ths montth to quit. He also told me that the service center for me is in my town. That actually makes it worse, because they should be recieving movies the same day they're sent out then. I drop my movies at the main post office.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:21:20 AM EDT
I never had a problem with netflix. I was a 5/wk customer for 3 years.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:22:14 AM EDT
I'm on the 3-movie plan, and have been a Netflix user for >1 year now.

The nearest distribution center is very close to me (<50 miles). I usually experience 1-2 business day turnaround. No issues here!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:25:43 AM EDT
http://www.personaltechpipeline.com/177105171?cid=rssfeed_pl_ptp

It turns out that Netflix "rewards" customers who rent the fewest movies and "punishes" customers who rent the most, in terms of both movie availability and promptness of shipping.

This isn't speculation. This is Netflix's official policy, and is spelled out in the company's Terms of Service. Here's an excerpt:

"In determining priority for shipping and inventory allocation, we give priority to those members who receive the fewest DVDs through our service. As a result, those subscribers who receive the most movies may experience that (i) the shipment of their next available DVD occurs at least one business day following return of their previously viewed movie, (ii) delivery takes longer, as the shipments may not be processed from their local distribution center and (iii) they receive movies lower in their queue more often than our other subscribers."

From a business standpoint, this makes sense. You give Netflix the same amount of money no matter how many movies you rent, so the people who rent the fewest movies are the most profitable, simply because postage is very expensive. Customers who return movies immediately each time (requiring Netflix to pay a lot more postage each month) force Netflix to lose money on that customer. If heavy renters become unhappy with the service (because, say, their top movie picks don't become available often enough), and choose to cancel their subscription, Netflix actually *benefits* financially from losing that customer.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:29:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:40:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
netflix is a product of their own growth and crappy service from local video stores.

I have found i get delays trying for current movies. I have my que loaded up with old and new movies. when i return a movie i recheck and reorganise my cue based on what is available. I have had NO delays in movies since i began this.

I have noticed if the first 2 or 3 movies are not available for shipment there seems to be a delay in their systemk before they move to next video in your que. rearranging the que is a bit of a pain but it's still quicker and cheaper than going to a store.

mike

I think that makes sense. If they automatically queue past unavailable items, there's only a few hour window that you have to catch a DVD when it comes in, or else that slot is filled for at least 3 days. So you could be waiting for that new release for weeks because there's never one sitting at the depot when you have a slot opening up.

The workaround is to hold your next shipment for a day and hope that someone will return it in that window, and if not, the next item gets sent out.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:43:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 8:43:53 AM EDT by Rockdoc]
Very rarely rent current movies so that argument doesn't fly.

In response to the comment that people use Netflix to ripoff movies, I also don't copy the movies but that is a personal prejudice against theft ([Ken Takakura] Theft is theft [/Ken Takakura] even from Hollyweird).

I use Neflix to enjoy the old movies and IF I decide to watch a Tim Robbins movie (Shawshank Redemtion was excellent) I can assure that the rat-faced commie bastard only gets 5 cents from my patronage.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:49:40 AM EDT
so this is why my netflix is slow? all you people are renting movies from them?. No wonder I can't get a hold of any good training documentaries, pirate moves, or chick flicks.

Damn it all to hell. I going to cancel my subscription right now.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:51:09 AM EDT
They keep coming steady here.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:55:58 AM EDT

I use Neflix to enjoy the old movies

BINGO.

I don't have a problem because I don't fill my queue up with new releases. If you are expecting to get Shrek 8 on the day it comes out, you're going to be disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:11:21 AM EDT
I don't use netflix to copy either, If it's a movie worth owning, I'd like to have the case and everything that they come with we you buy them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:17:20 AM EDT

How the hell is 3 days crappy service? If you really need that many movies a month I think you need to get out more. There is a world outside of the internet and your television.

+1

I've been using them for 4 years, no problems ever. Get my movies in a day.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:17:39 AM EDT
You nitwits may not realize that they may not have EVERY movie at EVERY distrubtion center. Some rarer or non popular choices may have to be shipped from a bigger center. I could get Heat in a day. but asking for some odd-ball item may have to come from some other point than your local one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:20:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 10:21:59 AM EDT by bruh44]

Originally Posted By N1Rampage:
You nitwits may not realize that they may not have EVERY movie at EVERY distrubtion center. Some rarer or non popular choices may have to be shipped from a bigger center. I could get Heat in a day. but asking for some odd-ball item may have to come from some other point than your local one.

Dude, your a dick. Nobody was insulting anyone here. if you payed attention you'd notice we're not talking about 1 movie that was slow.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:21:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bruh44:

Dude, your a dick. Nobody was insulting anyone here.

Welcome to the internet champ, you should have fun with it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:26:41 AM EDT

It says on the return envelope where the movie came from

95% of mine are local
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:29:58 AM EDT
Go to the theaters and watch 'em ya cheap bastards.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:38:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jrzy:

There is a website, the link has beenposted here, where some guy opened multiple netflix accounts and was able to show netflix's throttling. I THINK they may have been successfully sued over it.

There was a class action suit against netflix, is that what you're talking about?

www.acmetech.com/shopping/movies/netflix-class-action-suit.php

and lo and behold the settlement was a free month of netflix. ooh bet that hurt them. god i hate BS settlements like that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:38:47 AM EDT
Here it is in a nutshell..When you sign up for your service you have the option of UNLIMITED rentals..not all the plans say unlimited so there is a difference..But if Netflix decides then they will LIMIT your plan by slowing down your turnaround on purpose. You don't get what is advertised. This doesn't have anything to do with WHY the customer wants many movies..it has to do with Netflix delivering on the advertised service
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:55:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:00:04 PM EDT
The last month and a half we have recieved series out of order and wrong disc in right wrappers in another series (BS Galactica and 24...I'm not telling Jack yet).
I emailed, got credit so I got the right one sent while three were"out". If it would have continued I'd be an ex-customer. It hasn't.
I've had no other complaints and they address emails pretty quick. I use the "suggestion" email.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:07:49 PM EDT
I'm on the 5 movie plan for a couple of years and very happy. They have made mistakes but all in all very good.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:23:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tc6969:
I just cancelled.

Anybody else?

Pretty close ...

My Mail carrier goes directly to the same PO where my local Netflix distribution centers PO box is located. So my returns are literally being hand delivered to the same building where they end up. For the first year on Netflix I was getting 1 day service. Now I'm up to 4-5 day service before they even acknowledge receipt, which means every other weekend I have no movies, and my "Unlimited" rentals are now averaging 6 or 7 a month. Also, I haven't gotten any of my top 10 queue choices in over a month. There are at least 2 or 3 that have been in the queue for longer.

I just signed up for Blockbuster's similar program this afternoon, and put the top 3 things from my Netflix queue in my new Blockbuster queue ... I sent 2 Netflix movies back on Saturday, and one back yesterday, Netflix hasn't reported them received yet but should have had plenty of time to receive them. I'm going to keep whichever service gets me those top 3 movies first.

Blockbuster also has the added feature now, of offering a coupon for 1 free in store rental a week. I don't really care for Blockbuster all that much, but the in store coupon is a bonus and gives you a little more flexibility too. We'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:27:06 PM EDT
they did it to me. However, I got my fill of movies. Watched everything I wanted ten cancelled my account. Havent missed it since!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:16:41 PM EDT
Ya, thanks for locking down my thread,THEN giving me a link here. In other areas of this fine forum, dupe police are considered annoying.

Originally Posted By tc6969:

Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
I cancelled yesterday after being throttled.

Hey Hey! We got a movement! Anybody else?

You're darn tootin'! I'm paid till the end of the month, but I'm done then. No more!

Does anybody have a direct email address or phone number for these bean countin' turd suckers? I've been with them for years, so I feel some phone harassment verbal complaints are in order.

2guntom
454 Casull +
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:21:51 PM EDT

My poor service started when I changed from 3 to 2 movies at a time. It used to take a day for movies to go from Phoenix to Flagstaff, AZ, now it is 3 days. Customer for 3 years.

You can't email anyone and there is no phone number. I wrote them using the mailing address on the mailer and got a form letter back in 3 weeks apologiziing for the crappy service but doing nothing about it.

They do have a great movie selection (old movies, British TV, documentaries). I don't rent much of the crap Hollywierd puts out now.

Ill cancel with you all, Blockbuster id much better for me anyway...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:24:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 2guntom:
Ya, thanks for locking down my thread...

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=436432&page=1

2guntomwww.2guntom.com/454/group/2gunsfiring_v1.gif
454 Casull +
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:25:28 PM EDT
Speak of the devil!... More folks are catching on to it...

Netflix 'Throttling' the Brakes on Frequent Renters?

Sunday, February 12, 2006

SAN FRANCISCO — Manuel Villanueva realizes he has been getting a pretty good deal since he signed up for Netflix Inc.'s (NFLX) online DVD rental service 2 1/2 years ago, but he still feels shortchanged.

That's because the $17.99 monthly fee that he pays to rent up to three DVDs at a time would amount to an even bigger bargain if the company didn't penalize him for returning his movies so quickly.

Netflix typically sends about 13 movies per month to Villanueva's home in Warren, Mich. -- down from the 18 to 22 DVDs he once received before the company's automated system identified him as a heavy renter and began delaying his shipments to protect its profits.

The same Netflix formula also shoves Villanueva to the back of the line for the most-wanted DVDs, so the service can send those popular flicks to new subscribers and infrequent renters.

The little-known practice, called "throttling" by critics, means Netflix customers who pay the same price for the same service are often treated differently, depending on their rental patterns.
"I wouldn't have a problem with it if they didn't advertise `unlimited rentals,"' Villanueva said. "The fact is that they go out of their way to make sure you don't go over whatever secret limit they have set up for your account."

Los Gatos, Calif.-based Netflix didn't publicly acknowledge it differentiates among customers until revising its "terms of use" in January 2005 -- four months after a San Francisco subscriber filed a class-action lawsuit alleging that the company had deceptively promised one-day delivery of most DVDs.

"In determining priority for shipping and inventory allocation, we give priority to those members who receive the fewest DVDs through our service," Netflix's revised policy now reads. The statement specifically warns that heavy renters are more likely to encounter shipping delays and less likely to immediately be sent their top choices.

Few customers have complained about this "fairness algorithm," according to Netflix CEO Reed Hastings.

"We have unbelievably high customer satisfaction ratings," Hastings said during a recent interview. "Most of our customers feel like Netflix is an incredible value."

The service's rapid growth supports his thesis. Netflix added nearly 1.6 million customers last year, giving it 4.2 million subscribers through December. During the final three months of 2005, just 4 percent of its customers canceled the service, the lowest rate in the company's six-year history.

After collecting consumer opinions about the Web's 40 largest retailers last year, Ann Arbor, Mich., research firm ForeSeeResults rated Netflix as "the cream of the crop in customer satisfaction."

Once considered a passing fancy, Netflix has changed the way many households rent movies and spawned several copycats, including a mail service from Blockbuster Inc. (BBI).

Netflix's most popular rental plan lets subscribers check out up to three DVDs at a time for $17.99 per month. After watching a movie, customers return the DVD in a postage-paid envelope. Netflix then sends out the next available DVD on the customer's online wish list.

Because everyone pays a flat fee, Netflix makes more money from customers who only watch four or five DVDs per month. Customers who quickly return their movies in order to get more erode the company's profit margin because each DVD sent out and returned costs 78 cents in postage alone.

Although Netflix consistently promoted its service as the DVD equivalent of an all-you-can eat smorgasbord, some heavy renters began to suspect they were being treated differently two or three years ago.

To prove the point, one customer even set up a Web site -- http://www.dvd-rent-test.dreamhost.com -- to show that the service listed different wait times for DVDs requested by subscribers living in the same household.

Netflix's throttling techniques have also prompted incensed customers to share their outrage in online forums such as http://www.hackingnetflix.com.

"Netflix isn't well within its rights to throttle users," complained a customer identified as "annoyed" in a posting on the site. "They say unlimited rentals. They are liars."

Hastings said the company has no specified limit on rentals, but "`unlimited' doesn't mean you should expect to get 10,000 a month."

In its terms of use, Netflix says most subscribers check out two to 11 DVDs per month.
Management has previously acknowledged to analysts that it risks losing money on a relatively small percentage of frequent renters. The risk has increased since Netflix reduced the price of its most popular subscription plan by $4 per month in 2004 and the U.S. Postal Service recently raised first-class mailing costs by 2 cents.

Netflix's approach has paid off so far. The company has been profitable in each of the past three years, a trend its management expects to continue in 2006 with projected earnings of at least $29 million on revenue of $960 million. Netflix's stock price has more than tripled since its 2002 initial public offering.

A September 2004 lawsuit cast a spotlight on the throttling issue. The complaint, filed by Frank Chavez on behalf of all Netflix subscribers before Jan. 15, 2005, said the company had developed a sophisticated formula to slow down DVD deliveries to frequent renters and ensure quicker shipments of the most popular movies to its infrequent -- and most profitable -- renters to keep them happy.

Netflix denied the allegations, but eventually revised its terms of use to acknowledge its different treatment of frequent renters.

Without acknowledging wrongdoing, the company agreed to provide a one-month rental upgrade and pay Chavez's attorneys $2.5 million, but the settlement sparked protests that prompted the two sides to reconsider. A hearing on a revised settlement proposal is scheduled for Feb. 22 in San Francisco Superior Court.

Netflix subscribers such as Nathaniel Irons didn't believe the company was purposely delaying some DVD shipments until he read the revised terms of use.

Irons, 28, of Seattle, has no plans to cancel his service because he figures he is still getting a good value from the eight movies he typically receives each month.

"My own personal experience has not been bad," he said, "but (the throttling) is certainly annoying when it happens."
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:29:15 PM EDT
Read the links that were listed in my thread. Blockbuster is throttling too.

I'm not so much worried about new releases, it's the way they slow the processing time because I try to quickly return discs in order to receive others.

They lied to me! It took too much to get what little money I have; I expect something when I spend it. I think everybody ought to drop them.

Anybody got a direct email address or phone number for these bean-counting fudge-packers?

2guntom
454 Casull +
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:32:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/12/2006 12:38:06 PM EDT by TheCynic]
Dude from the CNN story:

Anime on in the background: Check
Said anime is subtitled: Check
Subscription to GreenCine (basically NetFlix for anime): Check
Watching more than 20 (probably anime) DVDs a month: Check

Verdict: Huge Dork

fake edit: props to anyone who can name that anime.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top