Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2005 7:51:16 PM EDT
If so do you know of any good drum forums. I know of drumdogs.com which is good but there is not alot of posting thats goes on there. I know of the pearl drums forum but I dont want that kind of a site since they really focus on their own product line. I would really like to fine a drum forum that doesnt have any vested interests so to speak. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:12:54 PM EDT
Maybe you can ask the fat kid
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:05:32 PM EDT
Hmmmm, might wanna try mxtabs.net

Not sure how they're forums compare to others, but it's a pretty large forum.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:18:19 PM EDT
Could you hum a few bars?

I can play "Danny Boy" on my harmonica.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:03:25 PM EDT
The ARFCom of drums.

Rec.Music.Makers.Percussion

Welcome to RMMP.net

RMMP.net is for the use of the online community of percussionists known as RMMP. This is a place where members can exchange ideas, pictures, and sound files in a quiet environment. Use the links at left to explore the site.

What is RMMP?
RMMP stands for Rec.Music.Makers.Percussion, which is the name of the usenet newsgroup that this site is derived from.

OK, so why do we need RMMP.net?
Two reasons:
First, RMMP is an non-moderated newsgroup, which means anyone can post anything, regardless of whether it has anything to do with percussion. This means that the newsgroup includes SPAM, flame wars, anonymous hatefull crap, the works. In RMMP.net you can't post any messages unless you are registered, and to register you have to give a real email address. Even after you are registered, the forum moderators can remove postings that are grossly out of bounds, which means the RMMP.net community leaders can police the converstations to keep activity in line with the charter for this site. It may sound draconian, but in practice you have to be really offensive to be censored, and of course you always have the option of posting anything you want to the RMMP newsgroup.

Second, RMMP is a non-binaries newsgroup, which means you are not allowed to post anything other than messages. If you would like a place to post pictures or sound files, you can't do it there. Here members can upload whatever they want for visitors to enjoy, and they can also reference the uploaded file in a post to RMMP. In fact, one of the main reasons for creating this site is to provide a free place for the users of RMMP to exchange pictures and recordings.

As a registered member you get to choose how you use this site. You can simply use it as a handy place to post pictures and recordings, or use the moderated forums here to get away from some of wild weirdness of the usenet.

Sounds good, but I really don't like giving out my email address.
As a registered member you have the choice of hiding your email address from other members, only the site administrators have full access to member addresses. Other members can still send you messages through this site without ever seeing your address, so RMMP.net can be a handy way to have private exchanges with people without revealing your email address. Your address will never be sold or given to anyone by the administrators for any reason. You alone choose whether to expose your email address to other members. Also, you will never receive SPAM emails from or through this site. From time to time we may need to send you an email notice related to the site, but that's it.

So what's the catch? What is it going to cost me?
Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.
That doesn't mean it's free, after all very few things in life are. RMMP.net is brought to you as a community service paid for and maintained by a group of charitable members of the percussionist community. Most notably the web server space has been generously donated by Siren, who is the owner and admin of Collide.org. If you need a web host and would like to help keep things running here please check out www.collide.org to see what Siren can do for you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:49:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2005 12:54:08 AM EDT by ArtyZ]
See Below
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:52:46 AM EDT
Yes

Drums
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:03:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By kevinR:
Anyone here play drums?

No. I have talent... I play bass.

Ooooooooooh BURRRRRRRRRRRRN!!!!!

Actually I WISH I had the talent to play drums... Sometimes I get behind my drummer's kit and I dont know how the hell he makes it sound so easy.
Top Top