Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2005 7:36:53 PM EDT
I do. I have 5 or 6 old Colt's Manufacturing stock certificates. I just wondered if any of the rest of you own or collect these?
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a Ruger stock certificate back in the 20th century.  It had a .22 auto illustrated at the top.

There are not too many publicly traded cos. that manufacture firearms any more.  Ruger and Smith would probably be the top 2.

Scripophily, (if I spelled that right), is a growing hobby.  It is still possible to pick up certificates at a reasonable price.  Trouble is, I have too many hobbies as it is!
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 4:54:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I had a Ruger stock certificate back in the 20th century.  It had a .22 auto illustrated at the top.

There are not too many publicly traded cos. that manufacture firearms any more.  Ruger and Smith would probably be the top 2.

Scripophily, (if I spelled that right), is a growing hobby.  It is still possible to pick up certificates at a reasonable price.  Trouble is, I have too many hobbies as it is!

That's the first time I've seen that reference used, and certainly used correctly, but it sure makes me feel old.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have any certificates but I do have some stock in Smith&Wesson and Ruger. Both have been in the dumps lately but I believe (And so do the analysts) that Smith is a good buy at the moment.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 12:05:37 PM EDT
[#4]
This may be a stupid question but I'm wondering if Ruger is publicly traded how come Bill Ruger is still in charge and making dumb decisions? Is it because he still owns 51% of the company?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Bill Sr. (the founder of the company) died about a year or so ago, so I guess you're referring to his son, Bill Jr..

Anyway, I thought these might be interesting to those interested in this thread. Here are some thumbnails of some firearm companies stock certificates.

search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/nsearch?follow-pro=1&vwcatalog=scripophily&catalog=scripophily&query=firearms%20certificates
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bill Sr. (the founder of the company) died about a year or so ago, so I guess you're referring to his son, Bill Jr..

I was referring to Sr., I didn't know he had passed on.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top