Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2005 12:03:49 PM EDT
the 1/35 scale ones, esp. World war II ones.......... I use to be big into them when I was younger, now I've kinda givin them up............ Wanting to get back into them, Only problem is finding a hobby shop in my area that has 'em.

If you got any post pics please................

Sarge your dolls don't count...........
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Paging Sarge
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
the 1/35 scale ones, esp. World war II ones.......... I use to be big into them when I was younger, now I've kinda givin them up............ Wanting to get back into them, Only problem is finding a hobby shop in my area that has 'em.

www.grandearmee.com/ProductImages/WS53_WAFFEN_SS_SITTING_SERGEANT_2_RIFLEMEN_KING_AND_COUNTRY_TOY_SOLDIERS_GRANDE_ARMEE_MILITARIA_WS53_WAFFEN_SS_SITTING_SERGENT_2_RIFLEMEN.jpg

Good luck. American kids don't care about models anymore, its all MTV and bling, so really, there isn't much out there any more. Great Britian seems to have the best selection, but shipping kinda gets pricy (Hence the reason I haven't ordered a bunch of 1/35 Ruskies with 74s) Hobby Lobby still has some armor, but their selection is pretty shabby to say the least.

-Storm
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Paging Sarge

NO!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

www.grandearmee.com/ProductImages/WS53_WAFFEN_SS_SITTING_SERGEANT_2_RIFLEMEN_KING_AND_COUNTRY_TOY_SOLDIERS_GRANDE_ARMEE_MILITARIA_WS53_WAFFEN_SS_SITTING_SERGENT_2_RIFLEMEN.jpg

Dru, your figure painting is awesome! At one time I was big into figure
painting and diorama-building  but my job leaves no time for hobbies
anymore. I still have closets full of unbuilt kits and figures. I used to
compete at shows and have brought home a few awards.

I once had an article published in the now defunct Military Modeler
magazine. My favorite all-time modeling subject is the venerable
Tiger tank (hence avatar).

I'm looking forward to retirement and getting back to building dioramas.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, I didn't know he did that. I concur, that's some pretty freakin awesome painting. I'm more into tabletop gaming myself, but I enjoy painting just as much as playing.

-Storm
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I beg to differ...I got a 10 FOOT by 12 FOOT town built for MY soldiers.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Wrong you have a 10'x12' set for the Village People

AKASL

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Wow, I didn't know he did that. I concur, that's some pretty freakin awesome painting. I'm more into tabletop gaming myself, but I enjoy painting just as much as playing.

-Storm

No.......... I did'nt paint the one in the pic............ sorry to have mislead you guys.......... My painting skill's sucked when it came to models!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

MOUT training.........
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to build a lot of 1/35 stuff
college put that on hold tho. . . .
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not that great either to be honest, but here's a few things that I've done.

-Storm
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:30:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Aramus/DSCN1146.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Aramus/DSCN1189.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Aramus/DSCN1201.jpg

-Storm

I used to play Warhammer 40k quite a bit! I stopped because not enough of my friends were into it to have any major campaigns. I always played Imperial Guard myself, like you it seems.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:35:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Aramus/DSCN1146.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Aramus/DSCN1189.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Aramus/DSCN1201.jpg

-Storm

I used to play Warhammer 40k quite a bit! I stopped because not enough of my friends were into it to have any major campaigns. I always played Imperial Guard myself, like you it seems.

Actually, I had VERY few Imp guard models. I mainly played Eldar and Space Marines. I just offloaded my stuff on ebay to pay a final bill and buy an AK-74 parts kit. I have photos of my stuff in the album, towards the front if you are interrested in looking at it, hehe.

-Storm
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#15]
This is one of the best places to get models and supplies.
They've been around at least since the early 70s.

The Squadron Shop
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

These days, it's probably better to get your stuff online. There are a lot of great places to get stuff. I usually look at the models in the store and buy them online afterwards.

I really like 1/32 WWII aircraft and 1/35 WWII armor. I just haven't had the time in the past 5 yrs. to build anything, but I'm thinking of starting up again. I have tons of stuff up in the closet begging for me to build them

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#17]
lol yeah I'll admit that I play Warhammer 40,000. I have a 2,000 Point well painted Imperial Guard Army, A 2,000 Dark Eldar Army, and a new 1,000 point Tyranid Army. I love it and I am 16. It is perhaps the only hobby that comes close to my AR-15 and HK addiction.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

These days, it's probably better to get your stuff online. There are a lot of great places to get stuff. I usually look at the models in the store and buy them online afterwards.

I really like 1/32 WWII aircraft and 1/35 WWII armor. I just haven't had the time in the past 5 yrs. to build anything, but I'm thinking of starting up again. I have tons of stuff up in the closet begging for me to build them

Which is another reason there aren't many DECENT hobby shops around anymore. If you have a decent local store, bite the bullet and spend a few extra bucks and get it there, or you might not have   a place to shop around anymore.

-Storm
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which is another reason there aren't many DECENT hobby shops around anymore. If you have a decent local store, bite the bullet and spend a few extra bucks and get it there, or you might not have   a place to shop around anymore.

-Storm

Agreed, the problem is around here there isn't a decent shop. I used to drive 1 1/2 hrs. to get to a great one that had tons of stuff, but even their selection dropped off over the years. They had fair prices and I spent a lot of money with them.

There used to be a small shop that I frequented where I used to work but their kits were ridiculously expensive and I just couldn't justify spending in some cases double what I could get them for including shipping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top