Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 10:15:56 AM EDT
I've been a walking (now limping) disaster for the second day in a row. It sucks.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#1]
It could always be worse?

In the course of the last 6 months ive amputated 3 fingers and missed a month of work, had to buy the wife a new car when her's cratered, sunk close to $3000 to keep my POS running, planned a wedding (not fun)
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#2]
No such thing as luck.... make your fate.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No such thing as luck.... make your fate.

Not always.....
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Only when I play poker.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, the fridge croaked, the dishwashers shot, my truck needs a catalytic converter & failed inspection.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I got the flu last Thursday and it is still kicking my ass. I took this entire week off from work. The doctor at the ER was useless.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Seems like all year.  Things are finally getting right again.  I hope.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#8]
My wife has had some bad luck lately.  We got married a week and a half ago and during the first night of the honeymoon, she was awoken in the middle of the night by something "biting" her.  Ended up being a Yellow Jacket stinging her shoulder multiple times.  Then the hot water ran out on the hot tub before it even got 1/3 of the way full.  So after both of us were in it, 2 jets were still above water.  I thought I closed them off before I turned them on.  Evidently, I opened them and it sprayed (soaked) her hair (she was trying to keep her hair dry).  So I turned it off, shut the jets off, and turned it back on.  Meanwhile, she had scooted over to the wall to get out of the way just in case.  Unfortunately, she had backed up into the intake pocket and next thing I know she's crying profusely.  It left an 8" diameter hickey on her lower back.  Right after that, she jumped into the shower and one of the shower doors ran off the track and fell on her.  That bruised her other shoulder and cut her hand up on the metal.  Other than that, the honeymoon was great!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been having bad luck since 1994.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#10]
yeah, I was helping a friend build an AR and snapped the rear of the trigger guard off when the roll pin decided not to fit.

I also bought a muzzle loader in the new EE last weekend and the guy said it shipped last monday and it still isn't here.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Walked out to my truck after leaving work today to find this...so maybe.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/TexTJ209/photo3.jpg

Atleast your truck was there.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Since June, but just minor random crap.

Hit by two different drivers, one without insurance. Happily my insurance company is very slowly going after that bitch (I'm still currenltly our $500 but Geico says I get paid first). Car needed non accident related maintnance, bunch of other random expenses that have come up. Getting my fiancee back into school so she can finish her degree. I've got 50 rounds of 5.7mm and some brass to ship to a guy I traded rifles with but it seems like UPS store owners are idiots. etc.

Basically, every time I start saving up money some minor crap drops into my lap that takes away part of my savings. The only good expense was the ring.

On the plus side, nobody's shooting at me.

Maybe not bad luck, just not 'good luck'.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:38:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/TexTJ209/photo3.jpg

Atleast your truck was there.

Always the optimist!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:51:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Heart attack 10/11/09.  Do I win?  
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Shit, looks like I am in good company.

Truck #1 has an undiagnosable (by me) intermittent condition that makes it run stupid rich at random times. Toasted the catalytic converter and is making it undriveable at times.. It is at the shop right now. ~$400 into it so far.

Truck #2 is has a whine in the transmission that is getting progressively louder. Just wearing out, nothing I can do about it, hoping it will hold out for a while longer (one of those could blow up tomorrow, could last another 3 years type noises.)

Girlfriend's car had a flat this morning. Filled it up and took it to the tire shop. Turns out the nice expensive chrome wheels she picked out for it last year are delaminating inside, causing them to lose air. I am currently in the process of arguing the difference between structural and cosmetic issues as they pertain to the warranty with the store she got them from and the manufacturer. The finish is out of warranty, the structure is not.

An old friend wound up in a financial issue and had to move out of his house. Since he could not take them with him, I am watching his pets. One of them has a health issue that required a trip to the vet. I have called him 3 times in the past couple of weeks and have not heard from him. Starting to look like I might be stuck with these guys and their vet bills.

Well, at least it looks like I might be getting back to work soon, so at least something good is happening.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Yup..... You got me beat....

Hope all is well...

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#18]
been unemployed for a year and six months
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup..... You got me beat....

Hope all is well...

Yes, improving.  Thanks for asking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top