Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2002 6:33:44 AM EDT
I sure would like to meet him.  And touch his old guitar.  

Viva Willie!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:44:27 AM EDT
[#1]
There is not one of Willie Nelson's old things I would want to touch.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I managed to get within 5 feet of him after a concert in SLC once, wanted to shake his hand.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:54:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Of course I've met Willie! Shook his hand and all! Austin in 1976. Again, in Baton Rouge in 1977.

Now has anyone here ever smoked a joint with Willie?[:D]

Eric The('NotI'SaidTheLittleTexas)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:55:01 AM EDT
[#4]
In 1993 I was in the Kerbey Lane South, in Austin TX, when he and a lady friend came in. I overheard them saying they didn't know what they wanted, so I had the waiter send over a plate of this really good bread that Kerbey Lane makes. Good for snacking on or an appetizer. When he was ringing out, he came over and thanked me. Nice guy. Every bit as rangy looking in person as on TV though. I also used to work with one of his daughter's buddies at a pizza joint in Austin.

Between the music industry and our newly burgeoning film industry, there are so many celebrities and musicians in Austin that running into one is nice but not a huge thing. My friend attended a filming party where kate Winslet, Kate Beckinsale and Cate Blanchette were all present. I wasn't allowed to go, because if I had, I certainly would have died in a messy explosion from the front of my pants.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:00:56 AM EDT
[#5]
kate Winslet, Kate Beckinsale and Cate Blanchette were all present. I wasn't allowed to go, because if I had, I certainly would have died in a messy explosion from the front of my pants.
View Quote

I'm with you there, brother Spearweasel.

Mmmmmmmm....pale foreign chicks! [sex]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:02:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In 1993 I was in the Kerbey Lane South, in Austin TX, when he and a lady friend came in. I overheard them saying they didn't know what they wanted, so I had the waiter send over a plate of this really good bread that Kerbey Lane makes. Good for snacking on or an appetizer. When he was ringing out, he came over and thanked me. Nice guy. Every bit as rangy looking in person as on TV though. I also used to work with one of his daughter's buddies at a pizza joint in Austin.

Between the music industry and our newly burgeoning film industry, there are so many celebrities and musicians in Austin that running into one is nice but not a huge thing. My friend attended a filming party where kate Winslet, Kate Beckinsale and Cate Blanchette were all present. I wasn't allowed to go, because if I had, I certainly would have died in a messy explosion from the front of my pants.
View Quote

Dont for get Sandra Bullock.......
[sex]

My old boss knows Willie very well.  They play golf.  I think Willie might of performed on one of his albums.

I met him once, he is a very "interesting" person.....
[:|]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:20:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Did Willie have Arthur Andersen prepare his tax returns? [8P]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
kate Winslet, Kate Beckinsale and Cate Blanchette were all present. I wasn't allowed to go, because if I had, I certainly would have died in a messy explosion from the front of my pants.
View Quote

I'm with you there, brother Spearweasel.

Mmmmmmmm....pale foreign chicks! [sex]
View Quote

[>Q]
Normally I'm not one to fawn over beautiful celebrities, but there is something about the idea of those three together. You have such a variety there (Brunette Kate Beckinsale is very thin, Redhead Kate Winslett is all curvy, and Mostly Blonde Cate Blanchette is right in the middle) plus the fact that all of them have those sexy accents. And while K Beckinsale seems a bit of a naif, the other two seem very intelligent and witty in interviews I have heard.[:P]

I'll make an exception and chuck my dignity out the window for those three. In order of favorite, it's Winslett, Blanchett, and Beckinsale.

[bounce][bounce][sex][bounce][bounce]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:18:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I met Tom Selleck back in 83 when Magnum P.I. was a popular T.V. show. N.A.S. Memphis in Millington Tenn. was hosting a volleyball tournament with teams from all over the country. I was attending a technical school for a Marine Aviation maint MOS. Volunteers were called for to augment security. I volunteered and was placed on the gymnasium floor near the exits. Nearby was the entrances to the locker rooms and as the teams came out to warm up here comes Selleck with the Outrigger Canoe Club team from Hawaii. He looked at me and gave a nod, I said "hows it going?", he said "good, how about you?" I said "good". That's my "brush with greatness". I was really hoping to meet some of the women's collegiate teams but I had to settle for Magnum P.I..
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I sure would like to meet him.
View Quote

What's the big deal? Go to any local flea market and you will see 100 or so that look just like him...

Viva Willie!!
View Quote
Oh brother....[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:27:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Shared a pint of Jack Daniels with him at a concert in Commerce Texas in 1977. I think.???

We drank a lot of whiskey so I'm not sure we went on that night at all................
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:58:24 PM EDT
[#12]
There was a really good radio piece about  Willie Nelson on NPR.

This guy was a big Willie Nelson fan and had his voice mail or call waiting to read "Willie Nelson".  It was just in tribute of the artist he loved.

Anyway, after doing that, for years he would receive messages from fans looking to talk to Willie Nelson.  They were highly personal messages.  Things like requests for Willie to play for a man's mother who was dying....very personal things.  The guy tried to get in contact with Nelson through regular channels to forward the messages, to no avail.

Then one day, he got a message that went "Hello, Willie Nelson?  This is Willie Nelson.  I need to talk to you." and gave a contact number.  So this guy who loved and idolized Willie Nelson got to talk to THE Willie Nelson, but only because he was pissed off at him.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I did in '73 or so. A good friend of mine was a friend of a band member.
So, I went with him to see his friend and met and visited with the rest of the band.
Did this again later. He (Willie) was a very nice guy.
This was in the L.A. area.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 12:23:26 AM EDT
[#14]
About a year or so ago I read an article about  Willie where the writer said that that Willie smoked so much dope during the interview that the writer wound up too trashed to drive home and had to check into a motel for the night. When asked about the accuracy of the article, Willie's PR person said that she didn't have first hand knowledge of the incident but that "It sounded like Willie."  I've always thought that was funny.

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:39:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I was able to shake hands with George Thoroughgood after a concert once.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top