Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 4:49:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/22/2005 5:09:36 AM EST by piccolo]
I'm a 'dogtag Catholic', but I became an instant Jew once when the Jew down the street got his mailbox stuffed with hate mail.

It was over the holidays, so I took the Christmas stuff down and put a Menorah in my window.(ETA: I did this to piss off the guys that stuffed my neighbors mail box with hate mail.)

Anyone else ever denied their religion?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:52:18 AM EST
No.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:04:54 AM EST
my local Homemoaners Association sent me a warning letter to remove my "Christmas" decoration from the front of my house last February. WTF? What decorations? Called the bastards and explained to them that the offending object in question wasn't Christmas decorations but a set of wind chimes that have been hanging on my front porch for the last 5 years.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:16:49 AM EST
No.

Never have. Never will. Christ is my Savior, and I'll go to my deathbed believing and confessing that.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:33:44 AM EST
I put "NO PREF" on my dogtags, while I was raised a Catholic.
I don't know if that's denying it or not. I'm still a Christian (somewhat lapsed), but I don't actively participate in the Catholic church.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:00:42 AM EST
Jesus spoke pretty adamently about the practice.

Matthew 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven

I admire you standing up for your neighbor. It was the right thing to do.

But we don't need to "deny" our religion to solve any problem.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:10:45 AM EST
no, but then again im not a jahova witness
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:35:39 AM EST
no, Catholicism exists, I can't deny it

I'm not a practicing Catholic, however. I am very anti anti-Catholocism, though. Kinda like I you can mess with you own family members, but the minute someone outside does it, you kick some ass.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:43:47 AM EST

Originally Posted By piccolo:
I'm a 'dogtag Catholic', but I became an instant Jew once when the Jew down the street got his mailbox stuffed with hate mail.

It was over the holidays, so I took the Christmas stuff down and put a Menorah in my window.(ETA: I did this to piss off the guys that stuffed my neighbors mail box with hate mail.)

When I was growing up (just a few years ago ) we had some Jewish neighbors move in. Within a year of them moving in, their mailbox blew up. 2am the entire neighborhood was woken up by this huge blast. ATF, and the Feds from the post office were out putting the crime scene back together. There were pieces of the mailbox stuck in the garage door of the people that lived ACROSS the street. They instantly turned it into a race thing with them being Jewish. They got harassed every once and a while from then on, but it was never, ever as bad as the time their mailbox blew up.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:44:01 AM EST
Never.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:46:42 AM EST
No!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:48:07 AM EST
Can't...I'm an atheist...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:51:21 AM EST
Yep. I was raised Lutheran, but got to the point where I couldn't accept the doctrine without some evidence.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:56:31 AM EST
I too have problems with the "leadership" of my faith when they promote federal criminals. the issue here is illegal immigration, a problem created by the dictators in Latin America. But do the leaders address the ROOT cause of the problem? NO!! The problem is the mean United States and its laws. BULLSHIT!

I almost feel like drawing down on the pastor.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:16:28 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/22/2005 8:16:43 AM EST by themadhatter]
nope.the background checks comes back good to go
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:26:24 AM EST
Since I am an Agnostic, that would be rather difficult.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:32:47 AM EST
Not in China or various middle east. Even in Iran, my co-workers didn't even deny beer, much less their religion. Are who ya are. OTOH, overt advertisement of your religion can be a problem in certain parts of the world...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:11:22 AM EST
i don't dent my religion, but i do keep it from most people, im pagan, and i find the best way to avoid problems with idiots is to keep it to myself.

on the other hand my dog tags do say pagan, but if your reading my dog tags somethings probably up.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:39:20 AM EST
I'm the only one in my family that didn't get religious instruction and go to a Catholic school for at least a year or two.

I'm not religious, but I respect other's religion. I try not to take the Lord's name in vain (but I do slip up occasionally), I try not to cuss or spit when on or driving by church property. I don't make fun of anyone's religion (well, except for the occsional ROPer)

I guess I believe, but I don't worship. I figure that IF a higher diety exists, I'll be judged by my actions in life upon my death.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:41:33 AM EST
I have never denied my lack of religion.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:42:18 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:42:30 AM EST
I was denied my religion once. I applied for it but didn't get approved.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:54:48 AM EST
I used to be pretty quiet about it, but never denied it.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:00:47 AM EST
Who hasn't wanted to get out of the box when it gets too small and suffocating?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:18:51 AM EST
never denied being chrisitan, but i have said i was something other than my religion in questionable compony since mormons get a lot of flack and i'm not looking to argue about it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:32:58 AM EST
Was dagged to a Mormon church as a kid, didn't take. The more I see and hear of other religions the more I think mormons are normal. Right now I would not call myself anything and I am strongly anti religion especially in Government.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:35:10 AM EST
I'm the only one in my family that is Catholic....or religious for that matter. I have NEVER denied my religion and I never will. If they don't like the fact that I am Catholic, then that's tough luck for them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:56:04 PM EST
Welcome to the tribe!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:04:58 PM EST
Baptised a Lutheran and married an Episcopalian. Does that count?

RJ
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:33:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By gamesniper:
I'm the only one in my family that didn't get religious instruction and go to a Catholic school for at least a year or two.

I'm not religious, but I respect other's religion. I try not to take the Lord's name in vain (but I do slip up occasionally), I try not to cuss or spit when on or driving by church property. I don't make fun of anyone's religion (well, except for the occsional ROPer)

I guess I believe, but I don't worship. I figure that IF a higher diety exists, I'll be judged by my actions in life upon my death.

Same as the rest of us. It sounds to me like you're doing well. (My opinion is only worth what ya paid for it, but there it is).
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:40:29 PM EST
I never denied God, only the religions of man and the ones I was raised with.

Dunno if that answers your question, but I stopped following people who claimed to know God, and started waiting to hear from the man himself.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:57:34 PM EST
I was raised Catholic, but I despise organized religion. It is just another way of forcing mass conformity and no independent thought. I am a Deist now. Reading Thomas Paine's writings turned me on to it. It makes the most sense.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:11:30 AM EST
Nope.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:15:31 AM EST
yup
baptised catholic
chose judaism, will raise my kids buddhist/jewish
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:19:36 AM EST
I've never had a religion to deny.

I am a child of God in Jesus Christ.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:21:31 AM EST
I don't deny any of my beliefs, religous or otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:07:37 AM EST
In a lot of ways Jews are denied their religion. People do not realize how difficult it is for a Jew to see others doing yard work and other secular activities on the Sabbath. This is why as Jews we honor Sunday even though it is not our day.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:18:15 AM EST

Originally Posted By piccolo:

I feel thats not denying your religion but standing up for someone else's.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:21:57 AM EST
Raised Catholic, lost the faith a LONG TIME ago.
Top Top