Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/2/2004 2:32:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 2:33:26 PM EST by Az_Redneck]
I quit 5 years ago but still have the craving once in a while..I tried it again about a week ago and I turned green!

How much of what do you dip per day?

I used to chew at least a can of Skoal Straight Long Cut per day....

There is a reason I am asking this question. You might just get an IM and a suprise..

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:33:43 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:34:20 PM EST
Not since I saw'em cut a huge-ass 'V' out of my Grandpa's lower lip, chasing cancer.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:35:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 3:57:07 PM EST by ar50troll]

Originally Posted By rayra:
Not since I saw'em cut a huge-ass 'V' out of my Grandpa's lower lip, chasing cancer.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:35:41 PM EST
Copenhagen here, can a day, but I bought some Nicorette gum and am gonna try and quit.(again)
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:35:50 PM EST
I dipped Bruton and chewed King B for many years. About 15 years ago I quit. The cravings still come after chow.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:36:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By rayra:

That's why I quit..Dentist said my lip was pre-cancerous...Thank the Lord it turned out negative..Used the patch to quit...

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:38:40 PM EST
Yuuuummmmm ...!

I can't afford vices these days. I still get Gramps a roll every 2 weeks. It is averaging $4.00 a can on the Reservation.

MT
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:40:50 PM EST
Once in a while, particularly when I can't smoke...I like an occasional dip.

Gave some 'Dak to some English dudes outside a club in London once. They'd never heard of it before. They both puked their guts out, swearing up and down in Limey about how nasty it was and what a bunch of sick bastards we were for doing it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:51:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By GUNGUY1911:
Copenhagen here, can a day, but I bought some Nicorette gum and am gonna try and quit.(again)

+1

Copenhagen for me too 1/2 can a day, plus a smoke or two!! Been on the Gum...worked good for a while,until I went into a store and bought some COPE while on my way to the range!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:53:30 PM EST
Ex Skoal long cut wintergreen (occcasionally Kodiak wintergreen) dipper here.

I quit back in October of '03. it's 10X tougher than quitting cigarettes.

I DID enjoy it while I did it, but I didn't dip much at all compared to people I know and hunt with.

A can of Skoal lasted me a solid week. My neighbor across the street uses a can of Kodiak Ice A DAY.
I tried Cope one time and I got dizzy and nauseated.

I still occasionally get the hankerin' for a dip or a smoke.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:56:33 PM EST
Nasty disgusting habit.
I dated a girl that dipped CoffenGaggen for about two months.
That was the last time I dipped CoffenGaggen!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:05:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By gamesniper:
Ex Skoal long cut wintergreen (occcasionally Kodiak wintergreen) dipper here.

I quit back in October of '03. it's 10X tougher than quitting cigarettes.

I DID enjoy it while I did it, but I didn't dip much at all compared to people I know and hunt with.

A can of Skoal lasted me a solid week. My neighbor across the street uses a can of Kodiak Ice A DAY.
I tried Cope one time and I got dizzy and nauseated.

I still occasionally get the hankerin' for a dip or a smoke.

I quit about 5 years ago. I got the hankerin for it about a month ago. I bought a pound from a place in S A. It was great. I really enjoy it. I now dip about twice a day. Not what you would call a heavy dipper.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:06:24 PM EST
here's my choice

1/2 can a day

Iso
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:08:28 PM EST
I dip about 3/4 can a day of Cope or some cheaper equiv. like Red Seal or Longhorn.

Balming
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:14:24 PM EST
used to dip cope, quit because got too expensive...................now i dip red seal, about a can every 2 or 3 days, depending on what im doing and how much im drinking

I tried Cope one time and I got dizzy and nauseated

i dipped skoal for a good while before i started dipping copenhagen and my first dip of cope knocked my dick in the dirt too, its some goooood shit
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:14:31 PM EST
Only on special occasions. Not addicted and don't ever crave it, but a few times a year I enjoy it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:18:38 PM EST
I throw a lip in once or twice a day of either Skoal straight or apple (The other flavored stuff tastes like crap, but apple is good).
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:29:03 PM EST
Cope is just short of being a controlled substance.

One of the guys I hunt with dips it and the "pinch" he uses looks as big as my thumb.

Seriously, it looks like he gets about 4 maybe 5 dips out of a can.

Now THAT'S a nicotine addiction.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:33:29 PM EST
About three fourths a can a day of Red Seal Long Cut Natural.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:37:33 PM EST
I go through about 1/2 a can of Skoal Straight or a cheaper taste-a-like a day. I also like Grizzly wintergreen. I've never tried to quit, and don't plan on doing so soon.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:43:18 PM EST
When I can't smoke and don't want to have the great nicotine fits.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:47:30 PM EST
I'll dip skoal long cut everyonce in a while when I get the harkering
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:56:33 PM EST
Never got in the habbit, but Redman & the like has a better flavor. Just one problem, lots of spit
Can't do it indoors.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:07:09 PM EST
I quit buying the canned stuff. I buy mine from a place in S A for 20 bucks a pound. I can put it in the little can myself.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:11:02 PM EST
copenhagen long cut here. depends on what's going on but generally a can will last me 2 or 3 days, unless i'm working hard or out in the field.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:12:53 PM EST

Verrucous carcinoma (cancer) of the labial mucosa after many years of tobacco chewing.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:14:33 PM EST
As much as I hate smoking, I LOATH dipping. It is the single most utterly disgusting habit I have ever seen the human organism concoct for its "pleasure".

My roomate at NAPS dipped, and it nauseated me to walk in to our room and have to smell that crap. That, and having to listen to "sploot" every few seconds had me on the verge of puking for the better part of 4 months.

Absolutely disgusting. I have no earthly idea WTF you guys see in it...

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:30:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By Isomerase:
here's my choice
img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/Isomerase/cope_roll.gif

1/2 can a day

Iso

+1 x 8 years
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:32:57 PM EST
I dipped almost a can of Copenhagen a day for over 10years. Woke up one morning and quit. Do not get me wrong if it was free and no cancer fears I would dip it it until I croaked. I miss it when I am bored. I refuse to be one of the ex-snuff dippers or tobacco chewer that tells everyone to quit. It is your life, live it the way you want.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:01:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By Zaphod:
As much as I hate smoking, I LOATH dipping. It is the single most utterly disgusting habit I have ever seen the human organism concoct for its "pleasure".

My roomate at NAPS dipped, and it nauseated me to walk in to our room and have to smell that crap. That, and having to listen to "sploot" every few seconds had me on the verge of puking for the better part of 4 months.

Yes it is disgusting. If you're going to dip, at least be man enough to swallow the juice.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:00:01 PM EST
I'm only about 2 hours away from Laredo TX. Every couple of months I take a trip to Mexico and get a roll (or 3 or 4) and keep them in the freezer. A roll cost $23 over the border and there is no limit on how much you can bring back. I usually dip about 3/4 to a can a day. Don't spit unless I'm at home. Been dipping Copenhagen for about 20 years. No problems so far but I know that I really need to slow down or quit, if only for the monetary savings if I do.

Breacher
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:13:40 PM EST
Hey the Doctor says Chokengagen is keeping Gramps alive!!! Some mineral in it??? Don't ask me...I just keep buying it for him.

MT
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:24:56 PM EST
Shit is awful.

I dipped probably 4 times in my life.
I've snuffed a few times also. Normally while drinking.
I decided it wasn't worth it and decided not to start.

I smoke cigars occasionally.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:29:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 9:42:57 PM EST by Rand]
i dip skoal apple blend,copenhagen,skoal straight,skoal wintergreen.usually a can a day or every other day
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:29:48 PM EST
silver top COPENHAGEN SNUFF-can a day
used to be two.

i'll quit eventually
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:32:52 PM EST
Smoked for a while (10yrs), started dipping Cope. Did that for 5 years. Got a job in the Virginia Prison system. Couldn't walk the floor and spit into a cup (inmates complained) started smoking again. Just started smoking again after dipping for 6 weeks. Had a lump on my gum, thought it may be from the dip...was caused by wisdom teeth...

Hi my names leadnbrass I'm a nicotine addict!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:36:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By TacticalMan:

Originally Posted By Zaphod:

Yes it is disgusting. If you're going to dip, at least be man enough to swallow the juice.

I dipped Copenhagen for 16 years. Swallowed the juice for approximately 14 years of it. I Quit dipping 2 weeks ago today. I just sat it down. Have been eating the shit out of sunflower seeds and Smokey Mountain herbal snuff ( No Nicotine or tobacco). I plan on dropping the Herbal Snuff this weekend. I think I am well past the nicotine addiction. Just can't get past the habit of having something in my cheek. I absolutely LOVED COPENHAGEN. The price is what finally broke me from using tobacco. I feel so much better without it. I'll never go back to it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:37:43 PM EST
BTW, the last 6 weeks I dipped, I was using LONGHORN. Kinda like Skoal long...$1.59 can in NY metro area. All others $5.50-$6.50 can.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:55:49 PM EST
dip is nasty shit
Top Top