Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2005 7:22:26 PM EDT
My dad wants to put a set on his station wagon.  I've never heard of them.  Anyone ever heard of Uniroyal tires?  Any experiences with them?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#1]
www.tirerack.com

Browse this place.  Yes I have heard OF them, but know little about their quality.  Tire rack will give you the skinny.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:38:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Uniroyal Tigerpaw's came as OEM tires on my 96 Chev 1/2 ton guess I was fairly indifferent, they rolled and I never seamed to be lacking in any one given area, altough no where as sporty as a station wagon.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
All Uniroyal tires suck
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:15:20 PM EDT
[#4]
they are owned by michelin along with bf goodrich. around here they are a top brand. they are a good miidle of the road tire. they offer a decent ride at a decent price but you get what you pay for. if you have been spoiled by a high end michelin or bridgestone (not the versions sold at walmart and the like) you will notice a difference in smoothness.

uniroyal
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#5]
You're kidding right???

That is like asking... "I found this .45 pistol... anyone heard of C, O, L... uh... T?"

Uniroyal has been OEM on many GM vehicles for years, and has been a long standing brand name in the tire industry.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:39:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Nope, never heard of them but I live in a cave.

I alway buy tires that have stone in the name, Bridgestone, FireStone, UniStone and so on.

Stone is much more reliable than Royal.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Uniroyal tires have been around for like 50yrs. Are you kidding?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#8]
They were stock on my 94 Jimmy, my 98 Jimmy and my 2000 Jimmy.  I can't speak for the car tires, but the truck ones I have had are soft, wear poorly and have a short lifespan.  I have never replaced them with another set of Uniroyals.  Buy what you like and deal with it I guess.  BF's seem to be very soft and wear out fast.   We use Generals on our cars right from GM and I think they SUCK.  They wear horribly.  I have used Goodyear but have had all sorts of ply seperation and imbalance problems with them.  For some time I have been using Michelins on all of the family vehicles.  You still can't go blind at it though, I research each tire as far as ratings and decide from there.

Check out that link to the tire rack....plug in your vehicle and look at what tires it comes up with. Make a couple selections and look at the ratings for each tire.  It will tell you how they perform in certain conditions....go from there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:35:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
they are owned by michelin along with bf goodrich. around here they are a top brand. they are a good miidle of the road tire. they offer a decent ride at a decent price but you get what you pay for. if you have been spoiled by a high end michelin or bridgestone (not the versions sold at walmart and the like) you will notice a difference in smoothness.

uniroyal

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top