Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:30:25 AM EDT
I'm planning on sending my taxes off the acountant this year, but I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of how much I might be getting back. Already thinking about toys. For rough figures I made: $49,700. The feds took 6,800 social got 3,100. I'm single with no dependants. I do have some write-offs...but I'm just looking for what the bare min I could expect back. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:33:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/9/2006 10:37:26 AM EDT by VoodooChile]
You can do Turbo tax Online..won't cost you anything..probably take 20-30 minutes

ETA..won't cost you anything to get an estimate..will cost when you actually file
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:34:17 AM EDT
Go on-line to turbotax and calculate it yourself.
I think it's free to calculate, and you pay to electronically submit state and federal returns.
I could be wrong, though. It's been a year.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:34:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By VoodooChile:
You can do Turbo tax Online..won't cost you anything..probably take 20-30 minutes

Did it last year, I'll be doing it again this year.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:42:59 AM EDT
I have used turbo tax for six years.
I have a minor in accounting and my brother is a CPA for a utility company, turbo tax puuls up shit he does not have time to research. I started using it when I had a small business and it would intragate with the accounting software I had. Good program maybe not as good as a tax accountant but it works for me. BTW check the online for a quick guide on estimate on return.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:45:13 AM EDT
I've used the web version for a few years. No complaints, and I'm sure it's fine for the majority of us who don't have ridiculously complicated tax returns.

If I had my assets in trusts, held by corporations, etc, I would probably hire a CPA.
Top Top