Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/17/2005 9:55:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/17/2005 9:56:37 PM EDT by AR15fan]
www.lapolicegear.com/mattrh3diwa.html
I'm considering this one and would be interested in feedback from anyone that has this watch or has ordered from this company.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 9:59:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 10:00:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/17/2005 10:06:36 PM EDT by smokycity]
Marathon is supposed to have a good reputation as a military watch, if that helps any.

This link Has a bunk of photos of it. The site has reviews if you search it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 10:23:19 PM EDT
Not yet, but I'm seriously considering getting one for diving. Not sure if I want a quartz watch or an automatic yet though.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 10:35:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/17/2005 10:39:18 PM EDT by gmtmaster]

Originally Posted By smokycity:
Marathon is supposed to have a good reputation as a military watch, if that helps any.

This link Has a bunk of photos of it. The site has reviews if you search it.



Ahhhh.. A fellow TZ'er..


46mm is a BIG watch.. Nice lookin as well.. Look at the Seiko SKX009 for an auto, or SCH033 if you want a quartz mvt. Just to give you something else similar to look at.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 10:45:50 PM EDT
I have one of the issued watches. I beat the hell out of it... wore it in Afghanistan. I'm bummed because the glow in the dark thing came off the hour hand. Guess I'll have to turn it in and get a new one. Just wish they issued us one with the date on it.

~Turk
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 11:59:23 AM EDT
Marathons are great watches.

Check out this site for more info.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 12:14:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2005 12:15:07 PM EDT by ArmedAggie]
.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 1:25:27 PM EDT
Okay, i got it. Placed the order online sunday night and had the watch by Tuesday afternoon. shipping was free and they threw in a spare Zulu watch band.

No owners manual or warranty info was provided with the watch. It doesnt even say on the back what kind of battery it uses. anyone know the battery life of this model?

The watch face is not overly large, smaller than my G-Shock in fact. The natural rubber strap is the most comfortable watch strap I have ever wore. Thats making me reconsider using the Zulu strap.

This watch will fill a niche for me. Nicer than my G-Shock but less expesive & dressey than my Seiko.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 5:33:26 PM EDT
Who did you order from? LA Police Gear or County Comm?
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:10:17 PM EDT
I run a G-Shock for day to day, and Eccodrives and Seikos for more formal occasions.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:33:33 PM EDT
Sale at WOOT today

Seiko Men’s Chronograph Pilot Stainless Steel Watch
$99.99
+ $5 shipping

www.woot.com/

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:33:59 PM EDT
I don't need a watch 90 percent of the time. The other 10 percent, it is G-shock. Bling watch money is spent on guns.

Where are your children?
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:44:27 PM EDT
I have a Marathon Navigator. It's a nice military type watch. I love the Tritium vial illumination.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:02:49 PM EDT
Got a crap watch that went kaput, but the band is great, so I will be looking for another watch that fits for a replacement. The band has a flap (with velcro) that covers the dial/crystal to avoid sun reflections, was great for hunting though you had to be sloooow & careful with the velcro.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:11:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:24:58 PM EDT
Man I gotta get some of them tactical socks.



Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:03:47 AM EDT
I notice the watch comes with a free "Zulu tactical watch band".
Whoa, That's high speed.

Everyone knows Zulu is sooo much better than your ordinary
Bravo or Alpha tactical band.......That said, I could probably go
with the Echo tactical band, but they don't seem to offer it.
Top Top