Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2016 12:04:57 AM EDT
2 of my daughters just signed up for archery through 4H i need to buy a couple of starter bows for them. Is the Bear Brave a good bow to start out with or is something out there better for around the same price?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:06:00 AM EDT
I used to be big into archery until I took an arrow to the knee.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:15:30 AM EDT
Bowtech infinite edge for me daughter this year. About the same a bear?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:02:33 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By penrod72:
Bowtech infinite edge for me daughter this year. About the same a bear?
View Quote
That bow is 7-8 times the price of the Bear Brave and i wouldnt consider that a starter price.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:23:09 AM EDT
Try to find a local shop and take them in. Kids grow so fast and have different strengths at different ages, so it can be a bitch just buying something off the shelf.

Also double check their eye dominance before you buy.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:37:50 AM EDT
If they might compete, I'd say take a look at the Genesis Original. It's kid-friendly, available in a variety of colors, and the only bow NASP events allow. It can be had a bit cheaper with the kit through Wal-Mart and some other retailers. A few months ago, I volunteered at a state-level event with thousands in attendance and the only equipment issues I witnessed were arrow-related. OTOH, if 4H has their own thing going, you might check with them for recommendations and rules.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:22:50 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By blackscribe:
If they might compete, I'd say take a look at the Genesis Original. It's kid-friendly, available in a variety of colors, and the only bow NASP events allow. It can be had a bit cheaper with the kit through Wal-Mart and some other retailers. A few months ago, I volunteered at a state-level event with thousands in attendance and the only equipment issues I witnessed were arrow-related. OTOH, if 4H has their own thing going, you might check with them for recommendations and rules.
View Quote
This is what I needed. I showed this bow to my daughters and they said that is the bow they used when they signed up for the classes.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:30:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/22/2016 5:33:47 PM EDT by safe1]
Top Top