Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2001 1:16:36 PM EDT
Hey,

I'm considering getting one of these before they get completely illegal. Does anyone have any expierience with these? Is it as cool as it seems or is it a real P.O.S. ? Does it jam alot? Any info would be greatly appreciated....

[img]http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/usas-12-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/usas-12.jpg[/img]

Thanks

SAMHAIN44
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#1]
We had one for over a year before we sold it. Good reliablity, but we didn´t pull it thru the bushes, three gun matches only. The weapon loaded with a 20 rnd drum is one HEAVY SOB. Great gun to have around, wish we´ve had ours in full auto though, even funnier. The weapon is made to stand anything, that´s why it is so heavy, extra metal all around, good design in that point of view.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
In his book "StressFire II, Advanced Combat Shotgun"  Massad Ayoob said...

"[the] Magazine-fed USAS-12 auto shotgun sounds great, but the sample proved both awkward and unreliable."

Cool concept though.  Remember, you [u]will[/u] have to register it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I was also thinking of getting one. Let me know how it works out if you do.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 4:41:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I fired one almost 10 years ago.  Not much of a kick since it was so heavy.  Must say tho it was a pleasure to shoot.

Always wanted one, but they were expensive and the ATF banned them in the 1990s by classifying them as "destructive devices".

The last day to register a USAS-12 is May 1, 2001 as explained on this ATF page ----> http://www.atf.treas.gov/press/fy01press/020901endofreg.htm

Link Posted: 4/26/2001 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like a P.O.S. to me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#7]
get a saiga 12ga, built on the AK reciever, comes with 5rnd detachable mag, 410,20,12ga
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:32:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
IIRC correctly MindHunters dept. had one and in his humble opinion it is one hugh POS. I could be wrong..that's happened before[:)]
View Quote

Bingo Striker....

We have one and I am currently working with Keisler Police Supply to trade it away. I am hoping to get a couple Rem 870's for it.

The one we have we got brand new (from a prior CLEO)

Our USAS-12 is by no stretch of the imagination a combat shotgun (My opinion although in my department it's my opinion that counts)

The USAS-12 that we have is not reliable and I would NEVER let it out on the street.

I suppose if one could pick one up for a couple hundred dollars (good luck) it would be ok for range fun where only your ego is on the line.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:38:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had also heard a group of engineers(approx. 1989) here in the USA were attempting to or had purchased the rights and tooling for these series of weapons and were not to far away from a design change that would correct the unreliability and make it marketable to the military. The information that Iam passing on could be partially correct or false. Lets hope someone else has a good thread.
View Quote

I called the USA company that is pushing the USAS-12 now to get a price for my trade in and they have modified it, now there is a new charging handle and they are pushing it on LE as a "Less then lethal/lethal police shotgun".

I hope nobody gets sucked into that sales pitch.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 8:15:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I got to touch off one of the [i]few[/i] SPAS-15 shotguns.  I prefer that one to the USAS; the only problem involves price, mags, anbd spare parts...  :(

Mike
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like an AR that has Rosie's lbs per day of food intake.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#12]
on the subject of combat shotguns, are there hi cap mags for the sagias?? can we have them?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top