Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/16/2006 8:07:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/16/2006 8:27:18 AM EDT by WildlandFirefighter]
Had a awesome black and blue prime rib at a holiday party awhile back. Now I dont have a prime rib in the freezer but I do have some good homegrown sirloin and ribeye. I was wondering if anyone out there had a good recipie, as the ones I could find on the net seemed pretty lame.

One can find decient recipies for say a chicken caserolle or the like, but when it gets a little more complicated the Soccer Moms dont tend to cook it is my thinking.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:20:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/16/2006 8:22:59 AM EDT by efpeter]
I just dust steaks with kosher salt and sear them in a cast iron skillet, both sides. Put a nice pile of bleu cheese on top, and bake as high as your oven will go until they are to your desired done-ness , medium rare in my case. Broiling can burn the cheese.

I have seen people put cheese in a blender/food processor with a bit of extra virgin olive oil, and blend it into a thick sauce. Pour that over steaks.

I like it simple.

ETA: I assumed you were refering to bleu cheese? Maybe you would get more hits with "black & bleu", instead of blue. Common mistake!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:28:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By efpeter:
I just dust steaks with kosher salt and sear them in a cast iron skillet, both sides. Put a nice pile of bleu cheese on top, and bake as high as your oven will go until they are to your desired done-ness , medium rare in my case. Broiling can burn the cheese.

I have seen people put cheese in a blender/food processor with a bit of extra virgin olive oil, and blend it into a thick sauce. Pour that over steaks.

I like it simple.

ETA: I assumed you were refering to bleu cheese? Maybe you would get more hits with "black & bleu", instead of blue. Common mistake!

Edited....Thanks for the recipie and the heads up...I just went out to grab a couple of sirloins out of the freezer to let them thaw for this evening....
Top Top