Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 4:08:39 PM EDT
A few weeks ago, I noticed pimple-like bump forming on my lower back, a few inches below my beltline, I thought this was odd, as I have never had a problem with acne there. Within 3 days time it grew to the size of a quarter with a hard lump under the skin. I went to my local dr, at which time, he lanced the cyst, and drained it. He put me on antibotics for about a week, and he said it was a form of staph infection. Well, that one healed up fairly quick, but a few days after I got done with the antibotics I noticed another one developing at the same rate as the first one, but about 3in to the left. Anyone have any experience with these things? they hurt like a mo-fo, Im going back to the Dr tomorrow, but I dont want to have to deal with these things every month.God these fuckers  hurts.

UPDATE::
Ok, just got back from the Dr, and he decided to not lance this one, he said it had not yet developed to the point where there was enough puss in it to warrant it being cut open and drained. He said that Staph originates in the nose, and he gave me some antibotical ointment to put in my nose 2 times a day, on top of which he put me on a stronger antibotic for a longer duration. I hope it clears up this time, I have never had anything like this, What a PITA, literally. He said they were very common this year, and extremely contagious.
Person has staph and wipes thier nose, you shake thier hand, then a few hours later you scratch you nose, or wipe you eyes.
You have heard it before, wash your hands a lot.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
no pics?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
no pics?

Ill let it go a few more days so you get the full effect
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Good sulf drugs work well. About 10mg/kg BID for 30-60 days works for K-9.

And you're right. They hurt like a MOFO!! Try having one on your inner thigh, put on a wetsuit & swim for 3 hours. David
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
after i had back surgery a few years ago i got a staph infection that progressed into a bone infection. very very very painful. every once in awhile i will "spit" a stitch from my lower back and the spot gets slightly infected and i need to get the stitch removed. not very much fun
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got through the same thing.

It may not be a staph infection, go to a local dermatologist and have him take cultures of the cysts/boils. They'll send it back to the lab for analysis. I've had 3 or 4 of them in the same areas, until I finally went to a dermatologist, i'm on the same medication as you probally, nose ointment and some 2 a day pills.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
A few weeks ago, I noticed pimple-like bump forming on my lower back, a few inches below my beltline, I thought this was odd, as I have never had a problem with acne there. Within 3 days time it grew to the size of a quarter with a hard lump under the skin. I went to my local dr, at which time, he lanced the cyst, and drained it. He put me on antibotics for about a week, and he said it was a form of staph infection. Well, that one healed up fairly quick, but a few days after I got done with the antibotics I noticed another one developing at the same rate as the first one, but about 3in to the left. Anyone have any experience with these things? they hurt like a mo-fo, Im going back to the Dr tomorrow, but I dont want to have to deal with these things every month.God these fuckers  hurts.

UPDATE::
Ok, just got back from the Dr, and he decided to not lance this one, he said it had not yet developed to the point where there was enough puss in it to warrant it being cut open and drained. He said that Staph originates in the nose, and he gave me some antibotical ointment to put in my nose 2 times a day, on top of which he put me on a stronger antibotic for a longer duration. I hope it clears up this time, I have never had anything like this, What a PITA, literally. He said they were very common this year, and extremely contagious.
Person has staph and wipes thier nose, you shake thier hand, then a few hours later you scratch you nose, or wipe you eyes.
You have heard it before, wash your hands a lot.

Do they give you a local anesthetic when they lance the things?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
snip

Do they give you a local anesthetic when they lance the things?

mine did, didn't feel a thing.

She was going on to the other one and asked "want me to put some anesthetic?"
"Naw, just go for it." "Just go for it eh?"

I felt like a badass...till I felt that hot scalpel...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top