Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/22/2005 11:08:14 PM EDT
I've had a MM4 case on order from Jon at Reccegear for about 10 months now. He emailed me two months ago to tell me I should expect it about two weeks from then. A month and a half went by before I emailed him asking if he'd shipped it. If he had, and I hadn't recieved it, it'd a whole other thing. He gets back to me saying I could expect it in the next few days. That was another month ago.

Now, if it just takes him this long to make a product that meets his standars, fine. But what about these glimmers of hope he keeps giving me? I get that he's working a ton of orders from other assholes like me, but can anyone who's ordered from Jon say whether or not this is normal for him?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:12:33 AM EDT
Join the Club.

I ordered the same thing along with a mag pouch in April. at the time, I didn't know who he was or what kind of stuff he made-I just saw a really cool case in the Military Morons website and clicked on teh email link. Lead time was 6-8 weeks. At 4 months I emailed and asked what was going on with my case, didn't get a response. Tried again a month later and he replied that he'd get it done in two weeks.

A month or so later I tried again and he said he had been doing some military training and that I'd have my stuff in 2 weeks. That was in Oct. and the last time I heard from him.

I posted about this in the past, wondering if it was normal. By most accounts, he takes a while to make good gear. No problems with that on my end, but I expect people to be up-front when I buy from them. You and I are not alone on waiting for these bags-a 1 year wait seems to be the norm, although I resent his customers/cheerleaders sneering and looking down their nose because I expect my shit as the deal was originally proposed while they chose to wait it out. When I get to the 1 year mark, I'll do something about it if I have to. April's coming quick.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:14:38 AM EDT
well, thanks for the heads up, that's one dealer to cross off my list!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:30:23 AM EDT
His gear is outstanding, no doubt. I have had MM4 bag, dump pouch and admin panel on order since Nov/Dec04. I have also been told several times the items were completed and or shipped or soon to be shipped since shorlty after that date. His stuff is great, the wait is greater. IMO, that wait is worth it once you stop checking the mailbox every day.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:46:50 AM EDT
Thanks for the responses. I emailed the the guy hostin Military Moron a while back, too, and he said he ended waiting 9 months. I don't feel like I'm being sharked, but the absent-minded shipping promises keep irking me.

Thanks again guys.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:57:19 AM EDT
Where are they located?
Top Top