Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2009 7:56:38 PM EDT
I haven't heard anything in the news or from anyone in reference to First National of Omaha. I don't have any credit cards except a gas credit card and was thinking of getting one for whatever may arise.

Anyone have any bad dealings w/ them? I've called their customer support a few times and they seem very helpful and haven't given me any problems. What say the hive mind?
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Other than the 13% APR not bad at all.  I pay it off every month.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The hell is First National of Omaha?  There is First National of Nebraska, if that is what you mean.

No, I don't, maybe I'll look into it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally I like them so far, they aren't in the news asking for money, and their customer service has been fantastic.

Quoted:
Other than the 13% APR not bad at all.  I pay it off every month.

Better than the 24% my gas card charges me. Although I pay it off every 2 weeks (every paycheck).
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one and have always had good service from them.  I use it occasionally, but have been using my REI Visa card (1% cash back) quite a bit more this year.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Canceled mine. After many years of on time payments and pay-offs, they out of the blue raised my rate due to the "current economic situation".

Shitcanned it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had an NRA card for years. They have always been good to me. A % kicks back to the NRA too, which gives me a warm and fuzzy every time I have to buy from an anti-2A company (which I try to avoid, obviously).
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 10:03:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Had it for years no problems what so ever  only card I use anymore
their % was a tad high compared to another card I had and other offers I was receiving I called them and they lowered it
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't have an NRA credit card but I did have a regular credit card with them as well as my checking and savings accounts. I had some charges on my card that weren't from me so I gave them a call and the reversed the charges just like that. I don't remember what they APR was but it didn't matter because I never put more than I could afford on it anyway.

I also had an interest bearing savings account with them which needed a minimum balance otherwise they charge a fee...one day I withdrew all the money from it and they charged me a fee for not meeting the balance requirement, I called them again and they credited the fees back and closed the account.

Excellent customer service, highly recommend. Plus all their tellers are friendly and SMOKIN HOT.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#9]
We have used the NRA Credit card for about 10 years.  NRA gets a percentage.  It costs me nothing because we pay it off to a zero balance each month so I do not care about the interest rate.

I have been very happy with First National Bank of Omaha but have been thing of changing to a Cabela's Card.  Not because of anything FNB of O has done but because some friends of mine get all kinds of free stuff from Cabela's from the points they earn.

I feel a loyalty to NRA and am glad they get money from my purchases but I am thinking how nice it would be to get free stuff from Cabela's............
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 10:30:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

We have used the NRA Credit card for about 10 years.  NRA gets a percentage.  It costs me nothing because we pay it off to a zero balance each month so I do not care about the interest rate.

I have been very happy with First National Bank of Omaha but have been thing of changing to a Cabela's Card.  Not because of anything FNB of O has done but because some friends of mine get all kinds of free stuff from Cabela's from the points they earn.

I feel a loyalty to NRA and am glad they get money from my purchases but I am thinking how nice it would be to get free stuff from Cabela's............

free guns and ammo are always good

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 11:05:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Canceled mine. After many years of on time payments and pay-offs, they out of the blue raised my rate due to the "current economic situation".

Shitcanned it.

They decided to raise the rates on all their cards for people who don't have a bank account with them.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I worked for the CC division of FNBO for many years.

FNBO is reputable.  They are a major player in the CC business and the bank is solid.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Amex blue cash gives better rewards and is easier to deal with.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 12:26:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

FNBO is reputable.  They are a major player in the CC business and the bank is solid.

O rly? Do tell more, how are they to their employees?

I think if they treat their employees well, they in turn will treat customers well.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#15]
No complaints with mine, but I pay my balance off monthly. I have lower interest cards, but I like supporting the NRA so..
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 12:33:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

O rly? Do tell more, how are they to their employees?

I think if they treat their employees well, they in turn will treat customers well.

They treated their employees just fine when I was there.  Benefits rocked.  I quit the company to relocate, and that was years ago...

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 12:47:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Awesome, I'm just waiting for everything to get processed at this point. But I'm rather happy with everything thus far. Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 6:25:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Amex blue cash gives better rewards and is easier to deal with.

But it's not everywhere you want to be.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:25:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Used them for years and other than the higher-than-average rate I have been very pleased with their services.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top