Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2004 5:03:00 PM EDT
I'm in the process of a C3 purchase and am working  with a dealer who is pretty clueless. My item is being delivered to him tomorrow (according to the UPS tracking number) and I called to check on picking up my Form 4 so I can get my part done. Suprise, he tells me I must aquire and fill out my own Form 4s, Compliance, and Print cards and that he didn't have any of these items. It seems pretty stange that a dealer doesn't even have these basic items on hand.  The forms are easily downloaded from the web so that is no problem but I had to order the finger print cards from the ATF.

I'm not sure how long the ATF takes to mail forms but I'm sure they aren't in any hurry. I've already been waiting two months for the Form 3 transfer and I don't want to wait another month for a set of cards. If anyone has a set they would be willing to mail me PLEASE IM me and I'll send my address. Thanks in advance.

Oh, I won't tell you the name of the dealer until the transfer is done, but its a name many here will recognize. I'll give a complete report then.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 12:44:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Try giving the local (or closest) BATF office a call and explain problem. They should have forms there. I've gotten needed forms from them when my ordered shipment hadn't arrived yet.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:07:41 AM EDT
[#2]
YMMV. The local ATF office gave forms with their ORI number . Needed the ones with the ORI of the NFA branch.

For form order them at www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htm.

Surprisingly they usually get the forms out quickly (a week or so).
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:08:27 AM EDT
[#3]
the cards come quickly, I dunno if its the same office, they usually arive within 7 bzns days.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:28:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered the cards from the ATF site but I figured it would be their traditional slow process to get them. Thats why I asked here. Hopefully they will come through for me soon.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:35:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Once you get someone who knows that they are doing at ATF it only takes a few days to get them.  It took 3 days to get mine.  Before that I made 1 request online and 1 other call and got nothing.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:19:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn! Your F4's should have already been completed. When your dealer fills out his F3/F4 to receive your transfered NFA item, he has all the info he needs to begin on your set of forms. That's how I do it. That way while I'm waiting on the F3/F4 to be approved to me, the end buyer has 30-40 days to get his prints, photos and CLEO sig. In most cases, if my buyer is on the stick, his F4 goes in the mail the day I receive the NFA item.

As you've probably discovered, you can get all the forms filled out at titleii.com. Be sure that you print them double-sided or ATF will kick them back. Also, Print cards have to have the correct ATF branch info on them or the FBI won't know where to return them to to. You could get a pair from the local PD, I can give you the correct info as it should appear on the cards. email me if you need any help.

Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top