User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 4:57:52 PM EDT
Anyone seen it yet?

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone seen it yet?

I might go to see it with my dad tomorrow, but I see this one is probably gonna have "festival of pain" written on it.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#2]
ya i saw it last week and wrote a review, its good.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
shouldn't this be in the movie forum?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Haven't seen it.

Avoid the rush. Hate it now.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll wait for the video.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Cooter didn't like it
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#7]
The guys (broken Lizard)  from Super Troopers had a big hand in writing the script.    
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The guys (broken Lizard)  from Super Troopers had a big hand in writing the script.    

Super Troopers was a damn good movie.

"I'll have a double bacon cheeseburger."

"Double bacon cheeseburger, it's for a cop."

"Does that look like spit to you?"

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#9]
The New York Times hated it.

So should we believe them or not?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I heard there were lots of shots of Sessi Jimpsons happy sacks and wind breaker.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Local movie reviewer chic on my local news gave it a 2 out of 5 star rating today. That means it will be a great movie. All the 5 stars she recommends are usually worse than pulling teeth.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I went and saw it and loved it.

Of course I'm not the type of person that goes to a movie looking to see if it is true to the spirt of the series, I just went looking to be entertained and laugh my ass off, which I did.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Still trying to show up SteyrAug I see.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:24:02 PM EDT
[#14]
It was pretty damned funnay.

As far as good/bad, I'd say it was average.  Jessica Simpson's accent was horrible but goddamn she looked good in the bikini.

Best part was the "Super Troopers" bit that Ramathorn and Rabbit did.

"Do you know how fast you were going?"

"10?"

"8...."

"isnt the speed limit 10?"

"Yeah.....it is..."

They were the "Campus Police" for Uni. of Atlanta and the Dukes were like, "campus police!" and took off and then Ramathorn says, "Mother of God..."

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#15]
the dude with the armadillo helmet was the best, he sooo has to have a membership here.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It was pretty damned funnay.

As far as good/bad, I'd say it was average.  Jessica Simpson's accent was horrible but goddamn she looked good in the bikini.

Best part was the "Super Troopers" bit that Ramathorn and Rabbit did.

"Do you know how fast you were going?"

"10?"

"8...."

"isnt the speed limit 10?"

"Yeah.....it is..."

They were the "Campus Police" for Uni. of Atlanta and the Dukes were like, "campus police!" and took off and then Ramathorn says, "Mother of God..."

that and farva in his underwhere and armidillo helmet.

and jessica simpson is fucking hot
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#18]
2 words

long legs
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't care, gonna see it anyway!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Wow, are you going to remind the teacher that she didn't give homework as well?

Let the mods do their job.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#21]

From CNN.com's review:

This flick is a car wreck with boobs.

Now, let me just say, if your idea of a good film is a nearly naked Jessica Simpson and completely over-the-top chase scenes, then this movie is for you.

www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/05/review.hazzard/index.html

Hmmm, this movie may be for me!

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Now, let me just say, if your idea of a good film is a nearly naked Jessica Simpson and completely over-the-top chase scenes, then this movie is for you.

uhhhh

Me too!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

uhhhh

Me too!

You guys believe CNN?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#25]
The movie kept the overall feel of the TV series, which I always liked, and Jessica is much better than Barbara Bach in every way imaginable.  Lots of car action, more gunplay than I dared hope for, and plenty of Daisy to go around.

I give this movie two thumbs guns up.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

We have one of those?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

We have one of those?

I was thinking the same thing
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:40:59 AM EDT
[#28]
One of the worst movies I've seen in a while. Waste of money.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:47:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Funny movie. Hot chicks everywhere in the theater; unfortunately this seems to be the "in" date movie right now, so they weren't alone. When your women troubles are like mine, getting stuck next to a hot chick wearing perfume for two hours is kinda like starving to death in the kitchen at the Outback Steakhouse.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:49:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:54:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Saw it tonight and thought it was great. Jessica Simpson is so smoking hot

....dear God
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:01:45 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The movie kept the overall feel of the TV series, which I always liked, and Jessica is much better than Barbara Bach in every way imaginable.  Lots of car action, more gunplay than I dared hope for, and plenty of Daisy to go around.

Catherine Bach.  Barbara was Jeannie.

Catherine Bach was Daisy, Barbara Eden was Jeannie, Barbara Bach is married to Ringo Starr..............
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:04:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:07:12 AM EDT
[#34]
If Daisy were to run around in her birthday suit I'd see it.

The music from the trailers got my interest.
But after reading all about it, I think I'll wait until it appears on satellite.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:29:26 AM EDT
[#35]
RiffRandal,

This is Mrs. GoGop have to give GoGop a break he has sometimers. When guns,cars,and hot women are involved he forgets what day it is. The movie was similiar to the tv series. The music I liked the choices they made.

The outtakes were the best. I think it is more suitable than some of the stuff on cable and regular tv.
When we went last night just wasn't a chick movie there were alot of young I mean young men hoping to score in the movie theater. Pathetic,Pathetic,Pathetic. The young men should have just hung out by the local prison or bar to pick somebody up.

To each his on movies what one person likes another might not. You have to decide whether you want to go. I think Stealth was a pretty good movie vs of The Dukes of Hazzard.Take care and God Bless and have a great weekend all.

Mrs. GoGop
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:40:51 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
RiffRandal,

This is Mrs. GoGop have to give GoGop a break he has sometimers. When guns,cars,and hot women are involved he forgets what day it is. The movie was similiar to the tv series. The music I liked the choices they made.

I used to confuse Catherine & Barbara Bach all the time when I watched TDOH on TV back in the day.  Couldn't pass up a chance to bust on Doublefeed though....

I'll probably see the movie this weekend.  

There should be a moment of silence for all the Chargers killed in the making of the movie.  
If only they could have used Chevies as stuntdoubles...like Vanishing Point did ('67 Chevy Camaro getting destroyed as a stand in for the '70 Dodge Challenger.  1 less bowtie=)
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:44:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:50:17 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
If only they could have used Chevies as stuntdoubles...like Vanishing Point did ('67 Chevy Camaro getting destroyed as a stand in for the '70 Dodge Challenger.  1 less bowtie=)

I did not know that!

That is heartwarming.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Catherine Bach.  Barbara was Jeannie.

Catherine Bach was Daisy, Barbara Eden was Jeannie, Barbara Bach is married to Ringo Starr..............

OOPS! I are cornfused.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:27:48 AM EDT
[#40]
I wish she would get naked!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#42]
This movie was hilarious.  Willie Nelson was funny as hell.

When Cooter "works over" the General and it starts for the first time I got chills up my spine.  The car chases were great.

The accents were pretty bad, but the action made up for it (and Jessica's bod ).

SPOILER:

The most fucked up part was when they were driving in the city and that BITCH said "Welcome to the 21st century (or some bullshit) and then proceeded to flip them off...... Yankees (in general) will never understand the Confederate flag.

Uncle Jesse: What do you get when you cross a donkey and an onion?

Luke: I don't know....

Uncle Jesse: A piece of ass so great it'll bring a tear to yer eye!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Just got back from seeing it. I enjoyed it.
Nice to see a director letting the stuntmen run wild, and not ripping-off the audience with
computer-generated stunts. The downside is watching all those Chargers get trashed..
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:10:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Nothing great, nothing terrible.  Just a 103 minute sampling of today's usual theater fare.

I did enjoy looking at Jessica Simpson.  And David Koechner was pretty good.  Kevin Heffernan stole the show IMO.  Dillo helmet...

I hope Jay filmed some racier parts for an unrated version.  The film could have really rocked if it had been a bit trashier.  Throw in a few fucks and some bouncing titties and you've got yourself Hollywood gold.  Hell, just look at Wedding Crashers.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:11:47 AM EDT
[#45]
It was much better than I thought it would be.

Knoxville and the other guy were pretty good.  Burt Reynolds wasn't too annoying.

The broken lizard crew really made it funny. ("Mother of God...")

Willy Nelson was pretty much under utilized - his jokes were lame - and the song he did at the end - I mean the guy is a legend and an American treasure - couldn't they have come up with a better song than "Don't let your skaters grow up to be cowboy's"?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:15:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:15:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Decent movie, but they could have made it much better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top