Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 5:12:12 PM EDT
Some pics of a local one. Interesting looking powerplant:

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
No Ghias, but my other half messes with Beetles. Nice Ghia however, lots of time went into engine turning that firewall for sure. But it appears to a normal dual port Vdub engine, I am gonna show her this picture. Those engine tins look awesome anodized.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#2]
the ghia looks very clean

they should have spent the loot on the motor on performance parts instead of foofoo parts

r u thinking about buying it?
i havent seen one of those in a while
i used to be heavily into bugs and the like
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
the ghia looks very clean

they should have spent the loot on the motor on performance parts instead of foofoo parts

r u thinking about buying it?
i havent seen one of those in a while
i used to be heavily into bugs and the like

+1 there, Vdubs are so cheap to hot rod it's unreal. I never messed with them at all until I got one for my then girlfriend. I was about sick, you can build 3 very stout vdub engines for what I spent building 1 big block for my Firebird.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Opposed air cooled 4. Quite simple really, adjust the valves every 3000 miles( cold of course) Never had a Giha but did have 8 beatles and of those 3 were  72 superbeetles (flat wind screen as a kid + a van and a fast back. There really is quite a bit you can do to make them FAST, remember HP isnt everything weight means alot as well.

On a side note if you live wher it snows they are hard to beet for cheap transport, you can push them out yourself and the drive wheels sit right above the engine/transaxel.

Another side note: heat sucks and grab an ice scrapper!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#5]
BTW, that is a dual port 1600 power plant dressed up pretty but stock as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I really dont like Ghias, as a matter I normaly just hate the little pos. But this 1 actually looks decent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top