Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/20/2004 1:51:48 AM EST
Pics? How do you like it? What accessories are out there for it?

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:36:01 AM EST
I have one with the 20" Barrel, I put a Benelli pistol grip stock on it. The original Beretta pistol grip is a pos. Not much out there other than bolt handles in the way of accessories but Benelli stuff interchanges with it. Gun works great with full loads. Very load sensitive, soft tactical loads are unreliable. Anything you add to the gun affects the reliability and the way that it shoots. Change the stock or add a side saddle and it may not feed reliably afterwards. It's a more punishing than a gas automatic and again, sensitive to how it is held. If you don't keep it firmly held, it may not eject depending on the load.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:43:41 AM EST
Does surefire have a benelli light that will fit? I was under the impression that there was enough of a difference that they would not fit.

Where do you get the larger knob?

Thanks,
S.O.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:46:44 AM EST
It's a very nice firing shotgun. Only accessory on mine is a sling. I've picked up a Benelli M1 but haven't had a chance to fire it. I'd like to compare the two and see how they rate against each other.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:48:53 AM EST
I have had one before...excellent shotgun, fast shooting and lightweight...really a more afordable Benelli...I comapired it, side by side with a Benelli...damn near alike..

Surefire used to have a light forearm for it, but I don't know if they still do..

I never had a failure outa mine...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:56:58 AM EST

Originally Posted By CS223:
I have one with the 20" Barrel, I put a Benelli pistol grip stock on it. The original Beretta pistol grip is a pos. Not much out there other than bolt handles in the way of accessories but Benelli stuff interchanges with it. Gun works great with full loads. Very load sensitive, soft tactical loads are unreliable. Anything you add to the gun affects the reliability and the way that it shoots. Change the stock or add a side saddle and it may not feed reliably afterwards. It's a more punishing than a gas automatic and again, sensitive to how it is held. If you don't keep it firmly held, it may not eject depending on the load.

I didn't realize the Benelli pistol grip would fit the Beretta. Did you have to make any mods to it or did it fit fine without?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:48:01 AM EST
Put a 390 stock on mine. It required minimal dremeling and fits very well.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:56:41 AM EST
Surefire makes a lighted forarm to fit it. It's not listed in the catalog or on the website, it's special order but available. As for the Benelli stock, it's plug & play no mods required BUT, the PG stock doesn't come with the sling plate that also serves as a washer under the mtg nut. So when you order the Benelli stock, be sure to order the plate as well. I picked mine up from SRT Supply. It looks factory on the Beretta as for the lines & cosmetic appearance. I call it a Benetta or a Bernelli
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:40:44 PM EST
Surefire reports that no fore arm light is available.

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:04:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/24/2004 11:05:27 PM EST by byron2112]
I always liked these shotguns,they're incredibly light(I believe under 7 lbs dry),and personally I prefer the traditional stock configuration,to a pistol grip,on a shotgun.

Disappointed to here of it's ammo sensitivity/unreliability as I was under the impression that it's action was identical to what the auto Benelli's use and understood that those were extremely reliable(if not the most reliable)combat,auto shotguns?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:23:36 PM EST
They are reliable, with full power loads.
I wonder if it would cycle/feed aquila mini's?
S.O.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:31:24 AM EST
I have the 1200FP model and as noted it's light as hell. The action on mine is very smooth and feels like it'd take little to make it fuction. Thing kicks like a mule due to it's light weight but mine will fuction on the Cheap Walmart Low Brass Shells (only fired about 50 shells though). I was shooting that and my Norinco '97 Trench Gun with the metal buttplate and I couldn't figure which kicked harder.
Over all a good gun to carry but hard on the shoulder. Mine is one of the ones SOG is selling and I believe is ex-police gun.
Top Top