Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/29/2005 9:11:56 PM EDT
Looking it over. I have analog phonelines and the fastest I get is 24.4bps. I live rural and there isn't cable either. So, I have to go microwave dish type.. There is another company called NetBeam, but they want $149 just for the equipment.. Trying to find the best deal..

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:16:24 PM EDT
I used to have it before the modem broke, since our contract was up and we happened to have a regular cable modem we switched to comcast. The download speed was smokin' and the upload was marginal. Latency for gaming was a little on the high end. It is MUCH better than dialup, once you get it you may wonder how you ever lived with dialup.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:18:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sWs2:
I used to have it before the modem broke, since our contract was up and we happened to have a regular cable modem we switched to comcast. The download speed was smokin' and the upload was marginal. Latency for gaming was a little on the high end. It is MUCH better than dialup, once you get it you may wonder how you ever lived with dialup.

Do you remember what the hook-up and equipment fee was? Their site doesn't say. All it says is it's $49/mo for the 1st year..
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:23:01 PM EDT
I have Sprint DSL and can say it is the only service I have ever gotten from Sprint that was worth a damn, far better that my Charter cable broadband was.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:15:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Az_Redneck:

Originally Posted By sWs2:

Do you remember what the hook-up and equipment fee was? Their site doesn't say. All it says is it's $49/mo for the 1st year..

No sorry I can't recall, we got it installed about 4-5 years ago, and stopped using them about 1.5 years ago.
Top Top