Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2016 10:00:45 PM EDT
So I currently have Comcast internet 75 MB/s that I pay 60 bucks a month for and Dish network hopper with three TVs that I pay 120 for, so I'm paying about 180 a month for cable and internet. I priced out comcast Xfinity double play that would be a comparable TV package and the same internet service that would cost 130 a month for 24 months with a 2 year contract. The thought of saving 50 a month is nice, but I don't want to jump into a 2 year contract if the TV service sucks. So does anyone use Comcast X1 for TV and can comment on how well the X1 DVR/receiver works?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked at sling tv?  And other streaming options?  Getting tempting.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you looked at sling tv?  And other streaming options?  Getting tempting.
View Quote

The one I've been considering is PlayStation vue because it offers pretty much every sports channel and that is most of what I watch. That's 45 a month for the 100 channel package. So by going that route I would be paying 105 a month. 60 for internet and 45 for TV vs 130 for all Comcast. However the convenience of having actual TV instead of streaming may be worth the 25, but I'm not sure
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]
You should be able to get into a Double Play deal of some sort without a contract.  Ask about non contract package deals.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You should be able to get into a Double Play deal of some sort without a contract.  Ask about non contract package deals.
View Quote

Yeah, they offer it for another ten bucks a month. I don't mind being tied to a contract if the service is good. I've been with dish network for years. I just figured if people really liked the receiver and DVR, might as well save the ten bucks. Plus id be locked into that price for 24 months as opposed to 12 months with no contact, so after 12 months it would probably jump 30 or more bucks
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]
X1 is fantastic.  Light years ahead of what Comcast used to offer for TV.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:52:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
X1 is fantastic.  Light years ahead of what Comcast used to offer for TV.
View Quote

+1

Comcast will rape you on price if/when your promo rates run out, but they have the best internet service, and by far the best DVR/On-Demand product with the X1 set-top box and online On-Demand cloud offerings.

Google fiber might beat out xfinity internet, where it's available, but Dish Hopper and Prism TV both suck compared to the X1 cable experience, and I've used all three in the past few months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top