Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/8/2004 8:22:51 PM EDT
They freak me out, I cant explain it. Never had a traumatic exp with one, but everytime I see one I just want to land one between their eyes, especially the Ronald McDonald.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Never liked them, myself.

You would have liked my late uncle's house. He LOVED them. His house was decorated with them. No joke...

ETA:  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Theres just something creepy about them...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw Killer Klowns from Outer Space when I was a kid and have been freaked out ever since.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate them - they're always wasting pie.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, they have in fact ALWAYS freaked me out quite a bit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#6]

I think the whole idea of clowns is demented.  The only thing with clowns in it that is worth watching is "Killer Klowns from Outer Space", otherwise they should be gathered up (along will all the mimes on the planet) and shot into the sun.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#7]
If I had a choice of SHTF scenerios: roaming hordes of clowns or zombies.....I'd choose zombies.  The living dead are much less disturbing to me than clowns.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:26:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Some of them yes.  Insane Clown Posse is cool.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yes, they have in fact ALWAYS freaked me out quite a bit.
www.webdesignskolan.com/photoshop/alla_bilder/clown.jpg

Damn you!

Yes, I hate clowns.  I can't be around one without getting tense and uneasy.  They don't really scare me anymore, but they just bother me.  I don't like seeing them on TV that much either.  The name for this phobia is coulophobia.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I reckon no one here eats at McDonalds, then?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#11]
My real estate agent who is a part time clown spent 20 minutes telling me about being a clown. She asked me if I liked clowns and I said they freaked me out. She asked if it was because of a movie I had seen about  them or something. I said yeah, that, and a clown killed my dad.
There was dead silence for about three minutes, then she and my wife started laughing.  

Stupid clowns.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yes, I hate clowns.  I can't be around one without getting tense and uneasy.  They don't really scare me anymore, but they just bother me.  I don't like seeing them on TV that much either.  The name for this phobia is coulophobia.

Phobia is such a harsh word.  "Irrational fear" my ass.  Anybody who doesn't like clowns is totally rational.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#14]
creepy fuggers in my opinion
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I hate clowns.
I especially hate clowns named pennywise.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Yup evil!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Phobia is such a harsh word.  "Irrational fear" my ass.  Anybody who doesn't like clowns is totally rational.  

I think it is irrational in the sense that 99.9% of clowns aren't out trying to kill or hurt people   (John Wayne Gacy was that 0.01%). Being physically afraid of them is irrational, while finding them annoying, disturbing and pointless is totally rational.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, in fact my boss (the Kern) absolutely hates clowns.  I've just printed off some clown pics and I think I'll have to put them in his office.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
www.carpenoctem.tv/img/gacy.jpg

Yup evil!

Aww hell, I was going to go look for his pic. He pretty much ruined any trace of appreciation I had for clowns.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#20]
absolutely LOATHE them
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#21]
clowns, muslims, liberals, who needs them!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I hate clowns, because I had a traumatic experience with one. When I was like 4 or 5, my parents took me to this circus. There I was, walking with my parents when outta nowhere this clown just comes by and grabs me and starts carrying me off. I was kicking and biting and screaming and hollering, to no result. Eventually he put me down and I found my way back to my parents, and they thought the whole thing was pretty funny. Damn clowns. Haven't had any positive thoughts about them since.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:42:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it is irrational in the sense that 99.9% of clowns aren't out trying to kill or hurt people   (John Wayne Gacy was that 0.01%). Being physically afraid of them is irrational, while finding them annoying, disturbing and pointless is totally rational.

Gacy just got caught.  I still wouldn't turn my back on the rest.  

Pics of clowns don't bother me while they would a full blown true coulophobe.  But if I'm at a park, fair or other event & see a clown doing their routine I'll change directions & quickly find somewhere else to be before the grease painted freak decides to involve me in their "act".  And if that doesn't work & he gets in my face with his stupid ballon animals & other 'yuk yuk' BS he'll get one clinched teeth warning to fvck off.  After that..............  
And not all clowns elicit that reaction from me.  Rodeo clowns don't bug me, neither do the sad sack  Emment Kelly hobo type clowns.  But they don't fvck with people like mimes or birthday/circus clowns do.  

I don't care for sports/corporate mascots (guys in the big head costumes-San Diego Chicken, Mickie/Minny/Pluto etc at Disnyworld) either for the same reason.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#27]
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hate clowns.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Clowns are evil they are from Satan they are his children except for one he is okay I forget his name
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Clowns scare me...alot. I dotn see how anyone could always be that happy, its disturbing. Everytime I see a clown I just wanna kick them in the nuts.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Clowns and Mimes.

2 things we could do without. Not sure what kind of sick bastard thought them up in the first place.

I think the French are to blame for both.  At the least mimes are their fault.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#32]
What kind of person wakes up one day and says, "I want to be a clown!"?
Same for mimes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Clowns and Mimes.

2 things we could do without. Not sure what kind of sick bastard thought them up in the first place.

I still have to rate the scene in Shakes the Clown where they all get out of the car and start beating up mimes a favorite clown scene. Nothing like watching clowns trounce a bunch of faggy looking mimes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#34]
What about ASSCLOWNS?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#35]

... John Wayne Gacy - nuff said
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:21:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
What about ASSCLOWNS?

Asclown = Liberal clown. They dress like clowns to get into your house and steal your guns, fuck your dog and feminize your wife.
S.O.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:14:40 AM EDT
[#37]
I worked Security part-time last year at Knotts Berry Farm Halloween Haunt.  One of the oher guys had an outright phobia about them.  He had one of those taken by a clown at the circus type "adventures" too.  One of the "Haunted Houses" was a Circus and one day at roll call about 6 killer clowns walked by and he just started running and staggering.    He finally told us why and nobody ever bugged him again about it.  You see people react to snakes or rodents but I've never seen a guy have so nassty an involuntary reaction.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:21:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
www.glanzmann.li/images/gacy.jpg

... John Wayne Gacy - nuff said

Would you motherfuckers stop fuckin' with "Pogo"  the clown.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:37:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:42:19 AM EDT
[#40]
I can't stand them and I seem to attract them.  We happened to go to the state fair this year on CLOWN DAY of all damn days.  It sucked...they were everywhere.  It and Poltergeist pretty much did me in for clowns.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:45:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:48:51 AM EDT
[#42]
When I lived in San Francisco, I was down on Fishermans Wharf, where there's a lot of street artists doing random shit. I was walking around and came across a mime (close enough to the clown topic). Well this doofus thought it would be fun to follow this very blue collar, working class, BIG guy down the street and mock his walk right behind him for the benefit of the small crowd.

After about 15 steps, the guy turned to the mime and said "You get one warning, KNOCK IT THE FUCK OFF, I've had a bad day." The mime then proceeded to put his pinkie finger up to his lips as if to say "Oooooo....scary!" Once the guy started walking again, the mime did the same thing, mocked his stride as he walked away.

The guy turned around, said nothing, and just leveled the mime with one punch to the face. He wiped the white face paint on his fist off on the mimes black unitard, and walked off.

The crowd was floored...so was I...but in a fun "fuck all clowns" sort of a way.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:50:32 AM EDT
[#43]
I HATE clowns.  Hate them.  A lot.

It's called coulrophobia by the way.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:52:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Clowns are freaking pure evil. I hate them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:58:19 AM EDT
[#45]
I just find clowns disturbing.  I remember Willy Whistle and Bozo on TV when I was a kid, and I always thought they were freaks.  Grownups in heavy makeup and bright clothing..........That's Ghay
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:10:19 AM EDT
[#46]
To paraphrase Henry Chinaski, "I don't hate clowns, I just feel better when they're not around."
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:11:32 AM EDT
[#47]
I hate them.  I also hate the circus.  Always have.

eta- my administration has never been pro-clown.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:14:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:35:03 AM EDT
[#49]
You know...I never looked at clowns the same way after the movie Poltergeist?  They just freak me out now!

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:54:38 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
www.moviepoopshoot.com/diatribe/images/2003/aug26/clownhousespy.jpg
shakes.ihateclowns.com/sound/clowns.wav
www.ihateclowns.com/

All clowns are demented creatures. Just try and find a happy good looking female clown.... You won't find one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top