Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2011 4:44:59 AM EDT
I want to get a garage this Spring which, according to Phil this morning, is right around the corner.  I want to put it on a 6" 4000 psi concrete slab probably 24X28 give or take a few feet.  I'm interested in cost for prep work (almost no excavation needed) pouring and finishing.  

Anyone have one done recently or in the business?

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 4:48:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested, too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 4:50:09 AM EDT
[#2]
For a really professional job...it is pricey. We had our whole driveway and widened a few years back I was shocked at the price.

You can get Billy Bob and his cousin Jimmy out and you'll have cracks in a few years. And you'll have people here tell you how easy it is to do yourself....but....it's not. You've got have the right tools and the know-how.

Or you can lay down some pretty serious coin and get a job that will last the life of your garage.

You are looking at thousands of dollars.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 4:52:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I want to get a garage this Spring which, according to Phil this morning, is right around the corner.  I want to put it on a 6" 4000 psi concrete slab probably 24X28 give or take a few feet.  I'm interested in cost for prep work (almost no excavation needed) pouring and finishing.  

Anyone have one done recently or in the business?  

Construction Project Manager here.

Ballpark you are looking anywhere from $2000-$3000 depending on material costs and the quality of labor you hire.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:05:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking you're looking at about $4k. It all depends on the price of rebar, concrete, and labor in your area. Also, if you live where you will have to get a permit or inspection the price will go up.

Labor is cheep right now because everyone is trying to underbid everyone else.

Still, prepare for $4k, give or take.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:12:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I build pole barns in TN.  The average price for a 4" thick pad with an 8" turndown around the outside is $3.50/sq ft plus gravel.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:13:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Dude, there's a shit load of concrete in a ballpark.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:23:00 AM EDT
[#7]
NY area price around $9 sq ft for 6"
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:30:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I put in a 15x21 8" pad this fall.  wire re-enforced, tooled joints, stamped and dyed.

7yrds of concrete came to just under $600.  labor was just under $1000 for prep, pour, finish and sealing.  This was a "weekend job" for the 2 guys, not through a business (they work as concrete contractors during the week).  So i got quite a deal on the labor.  add to that $300 for the mini excavator and it came out to right around $2000.  You have to figure in cost of gravel too. I got mine for free.

It turned out excellent.  I've had several people ask me the how and where of the "slabs of granite."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top