Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2005 7:33:49 PM EDT
My dad's wanted to go elk hunting with me for years. It's been his dream vacation for as long as I can remember. I'm wondering if any ARFCOM members here might have land we could hunt on now that he has a rifle big enough for the suckers.

I've pretty much given up on getting him a guided hunt for a birthday/Christmas  since the cost of most elk hunts seems to be just slightly less than it cost to buy my freaking car.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Colorado is a good place for the type of hunt your looking for. You might try posting in there hometown forum.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, Colorado has lots of Elk and they used to have very reasonable tag prices for out of staters.  Don't know if they still do or not though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:36:14 PM EDT
[#3]
 Send me an IM I'll see what I can do.  I'm a long ways from Texas though.  Patty

*ETA* Does your Dad want to shoot a bull or would a spike or cow be all right?  
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:37:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have some Elk in my freezer......does that count
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have some Elk in my freezer......does that count

Me too, still have a bunch from last year.

two more weeks, and hopefully I will have some more
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I have bunches of the stupid fuckers.  I don't have slaughter tags though.  Maybe you can get Over the counter tags for Units 70/71/72 However.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a big Elk farm on the side of highway 52 between Zumbrota and Rochester
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#8]
So some of you DO have land with elk and wouldn't mind letting us hunt?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So some of you DO have land with elk and wouldn't mind letting us hunt?

These guys and also these guys might
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top