Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2001 8:00:17 PM EDT
Just wondering.  Would love to hear about it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#1]
According to my dealer they won`t be available until September or there abouts. Bummer!
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I made order #602 early last month. I was told Sept/Oct. for delivery. It looks like it may be sooner. I can't wait. I'll give a review when I get it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered mine today............and was told October.

OSA
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Anyone have a pic of one of these?
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
From their site: "ArmaLite is proud to announce the production and shipment of the first batch of AR-180Bs on 29 June.  In the photo above, the AR-180 project manager John Green (right), hands the first production AR-180B to an unidentified shipping clerk for packaging and shipping."
View Quote
I talked to them today and they said that was a screwup and none have been shipped and they were going to remove that from the website.

Quoted:
According to my dealer they won`t be available until September or there abouts. Bummer!
View Quote
Not so if you ordered early.  They would already be shipping, but they moved into their new building in the last week or so and everything is behind right now.  They said hopefully in the next two weeks they will begin shipping.

WhoMe?  How about this:
[img]http://www.armalite.com/sales/catalog/rifles/ar180/wholeRifle_small.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks dudes.  Do you think dealers will have them at or about the MSRP of $590 when they come out, or will there be price goudging (sp)?
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#8]
its still ugly.....
[):)]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By no ma''am:
Thanks dudes.  Do you think dealers will have them at or about the MSRP of $590 when they come out, or will there be price goudging (sp)?
View Quote

They quoted my dealer a price of $480.00. Thats what I'm getting it for unless the dealer price goes up before they ship. My dealer is a close friend and doesn't charge me a mark up.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 2:54:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I hope sombody will explaine this to me (I'm not in the "gun business").  If I'm a dealer, and I place an order for product, at that point I'm given a cost for that product which is determined by the manufacturer.  How can the manufacturer then raise the cost of the product after the order has been placed?  If I place an order for anything, I'm given the "retail" price, and that's what I expect to pay.  Armalite knows what thier cost is, and if they don't, they wouldn't be in business.  How in god's tarnation can they raise the price after orders have been taken?  
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I hope sombody will explaine this to me (I'm not in the "gun business").  If I'm a dealer, and I place an order for product, at that point I'm given a cost for that product which is determined by the manufacturer.  How can the manufacturer then raise the cost of the product after the order has been placed?  If I place an order for anything, I'm given the "retail" price, and that's what I expect to pay.  Armalite knows what thier cost is, and if they don't, they wouldn't be in business.  How in god's tarnation can they raise the price after orders have been taken?  
View Quote

It was explained to my dealer that they will take the order but payment is not due until they are ready to deliver in case the price goes up. They don't anticipate that happening but I can imagine that it may be possible.Say if material suppliers raise the price of the materials to manufacture the rifle or if sub contractors that manufacture small components contracts expire and are renewed at higher costs. It is common for businesses to pass on the higher energy costs onto the consumer as well. I'm not a business man but I am sure there are other legitmate reasons for product prices to go up.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#13]
13f. If you are a dealer you are paying the wholesale price. Then you as a dealer can price it for whatever you think you can get for it. Even if it's above the MSRP " Manufacturers Suggjested Retail Price"
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#14]
ok, I'm pretty familiar with wholesale pricing (part of what I do for a living).  Armalite or any other manufaturer needs to build a product.  Vendors then submit a quoted price for materials for a period of time.  Labor, cost of goods, expenses... are figured into the pricing of the product for wholesale distribution (to the wholesalers who then sell it to the gun dealer).  Armalite has to have this figured BEFORE they come out with the price to their distributors.  I realize that some materials are considered commodities, but that's why you have a quoted price for a determined amount of time.  If you "get screwed" as a business buying goods (say a vendor raises thier price without telling you, or "changes the deal on cost", as a business owner, you better find a vendor who will "honor their agreement (guess that's why you have business laywers).  I guess what I getting to is that if a dealer qotes me a price, and I give him a deposit, I want that product at the "agreed price".  If the dealer comes back to me 2 weeks later and tells me "whoops, Armalite raised thier price, and I have to pass that increase on to you", I'd tell that dealer to tell that manufacturer to "shove it where the sun don't shine" and get my money back.  If everybody did this, I'd guarentee that the manufacturer in question wouldn't stay in business very long (unless of course they have a military contract!)
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#15]
It sure is lacking the beauty of a pre-ban Colt.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
ok, I'm pretty familiar with wholesale pricing (part of what I do for a living).  Armalite or any other manufaturer needs to build a product.  Vendors then submit a quoted price for materials for a period of time.  Labor, cost of goods, expenses... are figured into the pricing of the product for wholesale distribution (to the wholesalers who then sell it to the gun dealer).  Armalite has to have this figured BEFORE they come out with the price to their distributors.  I realize that some materials are considered commodities, but that's why you have a quoted price for a determined amount of time.  If you "get screwed" as a business buying goods (say a vendor raises thier price without telling you, or "changes the deal on cost", as a business owner, you better find a vendor who will "honor their agreement (guess that's why you have business laywers).  I guess what I getting to is that if a dealer qotes me a price, and I give him a deposit, I want that product at the "agreed price".  If the dealer comes back to me 2 weeks later and tells me "whoops, Armalite raised thier price, and I have to pass that increase on to you", I'd tell that dealer to tell that manufacturer to "shove it where the sun don't shine" and get my money back.  If everybody did this, I'd guarentee that the manufacturer in question wouldn't stay in business very long (unless of course they have a military contract!)
View Quote
Chill, dude.  No one said this would happen, just if it happened.  You are getting all worked up over something that has not happened.  Have you ordered a 180B?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top