Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2005 2:32:30 AM EDT
I rode down on Sunday-got my 3 week old bike looking nasty in the rain.  Got to do the dealer track ride, all one lap of it until the skies opened up again.. Watched the races-very glad to see Bostrom run away from the pack, although I wish yates wouldn't have taken himself and Mladin out so it could have been a straight up smack-down for Bostrum-and I ride a GSXR1000!

Is it just me, or is there less racing on Sundays at MId-Ohio? When I used to go there was racing and practice all morning. Sure, rain cut a lot of practice out but there were only three races, and no intermission entertainment. I definitely didn't get my $30 worth of admission..

Anyone else go?

Dave
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I rode down on Sunday-got my 3 week old bike looking nasty in the rain.  Got to do the dealer track ride, all one lap of it until the skies opened up again.. Watched the races-very glad to see Bostrom run away from the pack, although I wish yates wouldn't have taken himself and Mladin out so it could have been a straight up smack-down for Bostrum-and I ride a GSXR1000!

Is it just me, or is there less racing on Sundays at MId-Ohio? When I used to go there was racing and practice all morning. Sure, rain cut a lot of practice out but there were only three races, and no intermission entertainment. I definitely didn't get my $30 worth of admission..

Anyone else go?

Dave

Only AMA race I've been to is Homestead in 96'.  I've been wathcing since 95, and even raced CCS, FUSA and some AMA in 97-98.

I'll be going to Mugello, Italy next year for teh MotoGP, and hopefully Laguna
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 1:47:21 AM EDT
[#2]
very cool!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
damn!!!I forgot all about it. Wasn't there a big Ducati show there also???
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#4]
It was the week prior at the vintage week. Ducati was the marquis this year.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:31:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know what it is going to take to stop Mladin on the Suzuki other than retirement?  I like Spies.  It's good to see Bostrom win, but usually it is because he inherits the win from DNF's of front runners.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:08:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, Suzuki's really got their ducks in a row but not at this race. Bostrum got the holeshot and CHECKED OUT! He had an incredible lead on Mladin and Yates when they went down, and they were really only close enough to be a threat for a the first few laps. Duhamel was wayyy back there when the Yosh boys went down.

I'm just glad to NOT see Honda winning. When I Went to Mid-Ohio back in 1996 for the Team Suzuki Endurance Advanced Riding School, the head instructor (famous racer Dave Aldana) told us that he didn't think it was fair for the guys who trailered their bikes in on thursday, raced their hearts out and struggled to make the top ten when Honda had been there all month.

Dave
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:59:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah, Suzuki's really got their ducks in a row but not at this race. Bostrum got the holeshot and CHECKED OUT! He had an incredible lead on Mladin and Yates when they went down, and they were really only close enough to be a threat for a the first few laps. Duhamel was wayyy back there when the Yosh boys went down.

I'm just glad to NOT see Honda winning. When I Went to Mid-Ohio back in 1996 for the Team Suzuki Endurance Advanced Riding School, the head instructor (famous racer Dave Aldana) told us that he didn't think it was fair for the guys who trailered their bikes in on thursday, raced their hearts out and struggled to make the top ten when Honda had been there all month.

Dave

Now you can finish top ten in a AMA Superbike race with a superstock GSXR1000.  Go figure

The series is alot more competitive.  They also have equalized the advantage Ducati built due to the rules that were written back in the day.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to watch AMA races all the time. Haven't for a while though. Every time I watch a race it makes me want to go buy a new bike.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top