Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2006 6:37:46 AM EDT
Saw the funniest rifle advertisement EVER.

It was for a rifle by the famous Barrett Company. It shoots the 416 Barrett round, which they advertise as "We're even coming to California" and the bullet has higher velocity, flatter trajectory, and is more accurate at long ranges than the .50 BMG

It wasn't comedical, just funny in a fuck off way.

I'd buy from Ronnie if I could afford it
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:46:53 AM EDT
[#1]
But only a .50 can take out tanks and planes

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:53:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, got mine yesterday.  What's so funny about the 416Barret?  It is available if you have enough $.  Shooting the 50BMG is not a cheap proposition anyways.  The announcement is not a concidence, it is timed for the upcoming Shoot Show in Las Vegas.

There is no new info on their website:
(be sure to turn down the sound, they have Shockwave demo)
www.barrettrifles.com/
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:56:58 AM EDT
[#3]
The round and the rifle aren't funny, they are serious toys, I think the advertisement is hilarious, because it reeks of "Screw you California Government"
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

and satellites!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah, got mine yesterday.  What's so funny about the 416Barret?  It is available if you have enough $.  Shooting the 50BMG is not a cheap proposition anyways.  The announcement is not a concidence, it is timed for the upcoming Shoot Show in Las Vegas.

I think W4klr meant funny as in ironic. Califirnia bans the .50 and it's replaced by something that " has higher velocity, flatter trajectory, and is more accurate at long ranges than the .50 BMG"

Ban one thing, it's replaced by someting "better".

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:00:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Kick ass! Someone's used my words in a sig line w00t!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:06:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The round and the rifle aren't funny, they are serious toys, I think the advertisement is hilarious, because it reeks of "Screw you California Government"

Exactly!  One of these days I'll buy a Barrett rifle whether I "need" it or not, just to support his company.  All firearms manufacturers should follow his lead and start fighting back. Most simply try to comply with whatever is PC in hopes the beast won't try to eat them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and satellites!

I once hit the moon with a 50bmg shot. I am waiting for Mars to come back around so I can take a shot at it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:53:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and satellites!

I once hit the moon with a 50bmg shot. I am waiting for Mars to come back around so I can take a shot at it.

mars is scared, it won't be coming around anymore after what happened to the moon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top