Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2001 6:11:17 AM EDT
I am sure that some of you guys from OK must be working in the oil industry.
I am looking for any info you can pass along about the oil business. Oil stocks? Fields being worked?
How much oil is in reserves?
Anything that can be passed along would be appreciated.

--------------------

You may call me to muster but never call me to chains
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 6:53:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I bet you could find that info in the daily oklahoman .  IIRC they used to publish it at least weekly.

WL
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 7:27:45 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want to pay shipping, I'll mail you a copy of the most recent Sunday Oklahoman.. That info will probably be in there..

Ian
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been in the oilfield in the Texas panhandle for about 8 years now, and go into Oklahoma on an almost daily basis to do jobs.  Right now the only thing I know for sure about the stock is that if you invested in Enron you pretty much lost your investment.  Things are very slow at the moment. Companies are laying off people right and left.  After the new year things should pick back up.  The cold and the snow should help things quite a bit.  Its sad, but if the Northeast suffers from cold weather buisness and prices really pick up around here.  So get ready to pay at the pump.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I know quite a bit about the oil industry as that is the business I have been in for quite sometime.
I am looking for information that is not readily available such as what are the "real" reserves in the ground in OK.
I have heard rumors that no one is telling and that the reserves there are actually greater than in Saudi Arabia.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know quite a bit about the oil industry as that is the business I have been in for quite sometime.
I am looking for information that is not readily available such as what are the "real" reserves in the ground in OK.
I have heard rumors that no one is telling and that the reserves there are actually greater than in Saudi Arabia.
View Quote

I don't know diddly about the oil bidness in general nor the oil bidness in Oklahoma specifically but I'd give whomever gave you that info some inside skinny about the huge reserves under Israel.

Here, on-shore if we see 12' of pay-sand there's a pre-celebration celebration.

The Saudi's wouldn't even complete that well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top