Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 4/11/2007 10:28:46 AM EDT
I've heard some great testimonials and just added some to the tank today. My car just went over 80,000 and it's idled a little rough lately so I figured it was time to give it a try. Is it good stuff?
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 10:32:38 AM EDT
I can't answer your question, I'm just along for the ride as I'm interested to hear some opinions a well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 10:33:36 AM EDT
B12 chemtool.... All I use. Dont know about the one you mentioned.
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 10:34:49 AM EDT
BG 44k?

I used it evey other oil change on my last car when I got over 100k miles. Seam to help with mpg and idle better.
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 10:36:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gary_631:
BG 44k?

I used it evey other oil change on my last car when I got over 100k miles. Seam to help with mpg and idle better.

Yes....that is it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 10:36:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/11/2007 10:39:51 AM EDT by Alien]
I think a couple of people on here said good things about BG

Personally, I have used Seafoam after reading about how many people swear up and down that it's awesome stuff.

www.seafoamsales.com/

I let the engine suck a good amount in through my brake booster line (you can also use the PVC valve) and let it sit for a few minutes and added half a can to a tank of gas. I then blew all the crap out (makes an impressive smoke screen!) and then drove my car like I stole it. It seems to have helped smooth out the idle and response a bit. I'm going to put some in the oil crankcase before my next oil change to clean that out too.

Chevron Techron is supposed to be great. You can buy just the Techron itself in any auto parts store just like Seafoam. Chevron gas already has Techron in it to help your fuel system stay clean (I think Shell/BP gas has a similar if not the same additive).

Link Posted: 4/11/2007 10:37:28 AM EDT
BG 44K is the only fuel system cleaner that's actually worth a damn. My brother (professional mechanic in a previous life) swears by it and I have used it many times to good effect. I have actually seen borescope before/after shots of a combustion chamber and it does work. Those were taken by a consumer, not as an advert, btw.
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 10:37:55 AM EDT
I don't know, but I'd like to...my Explorer idles like shit right now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 10:41:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/11/2007 10:52:20 AM EDT by Alien]

Originally Posted By DrunkDucky:

Try some Seafoam!

Edit: Do you have a V6 or V8 explorer? I was just reading and apparently it's not so great for the V8 since it doesn't get distributed to the cylinders very well. Here's a thread on another forum that I found:

www.explorerforum.com/forums/printthread.php?t=120545
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 10:43:48 AM EDT
Gumout Regane
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 10:44:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DrunkDucky:

The BG 44 cost me about $24. I have a 3 hour drive ahead of me tomorrow so it should get a good work-through.
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 11:15:56 AM EDT
Try the BITOG forum
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 12:16:00 PM EDT
Its good shit, I have a friend who is a rep... I get it free, seems to work better than the store bought stuff.
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 12:47:52 PM EDT
I tried seafoam in my truck and there was a noticable difference. Maybe it was a coincidence but I add it regularly now, we'll see how long I have to go before a fuel injector cleaning.

I'm also going to try soaking my bolt and carrier in seafoam and see if it makes it easier to clean. I'll try the lugs and chamber also. I figure I can let it sit in that a few hours or overnight then clean as usual, a lot cheaper than the gun cleaning stuff, for soaking I mean.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 2:51:28 PM EDT
For those interested, I'd like to report that after running a can of BG 44 through my engine, I believe I've noticed a difference.. It runs much smoother and much like when I first bought the car, idles so smoothly that I find myself wondering if the engine is even running. And the ocassional loss of power when hitting the gas has gone away. I've noticed a slight increase in gas mileage. I'd say I'm sold on the stuff.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 2:58:06 PM EDT
I am a master tech and a shop owner I stock over 3K in BG products. There is nothing better than BG I sell the shit out of it and use it in my personal vehicles as well. I put a can of 44k in my vehicles every other oil change.

All that other bullshit you see at the auto parts stores is shit it don't work.
Top Top