Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2005 6:07:46 PM EDT
It's been three months since my pit bull attack while on the job. I had a MMI done for workman's comp Thursday on my right hand. The test was to determine how much disability I will have due to the injuries. It basically was a test of flexibility, strength, and feeling. The ring finger tested out at 100% so I'm not really worried about it. The thumb was another story. Flexibility and strength were close to normal but there is quite a bit of tenderness and loss of feeling in the area from the right of where the nail used to be out to the end of the thumb. I have to be very careful to pick up heavy things with the pad and base of the thumb so I can keep a grip on it.

My question is who is responsible for any future problems I may have. Will Verizon and workman's comp take care of it or will I have to.  If I take a monetary settlement do I release them from anything? I have not had a final meeting with them yet but I want to know what to expect when we do meet.

This will be a Texas case if that makes any difference.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm each state varies. CA laws are different... all I know is my case went fast, easy and actually went back to work QUICKER than the doctors wanted me to. Then again mine was a simple surgery and away we go. Your case sounds more involved and some long lasting damage. I wish I could help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top