Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/1/2015 6:16:30 PM EDT
Crazy events last night after my sisters wedding has me at odds with my entire mothers side of the family. It's due, yet again, to my 26 year old brothers inability to function as anything but a flaming asshole when he drinks. After 15 minutes of non stop berating of his girlfriend, who is probably the nicest human being on the planet, I told him to cut his shit before I put hands on him.

Of course this caused a shitstorm, ending with my younger brother, stepfather, and my stepfathers brother trying to confront me. I had enough at that point and went into full psycho mode on them, as I don't take kindly to three chickenshit assholes trying to intimidate me into backing down. For the record I'm 6'3, 250lbs and very athletic. The three of them are maybe 5'10 on average and 175ish.

This resulted in them running away, threatening to file a hurt feelings report with the police, and my mother telling me I was no longer a member of the family.

For extra information, I was completely sober. They were drinking.

So am I a flaming asshole for sticking up for my brothers girlfriend who was being verbally abused terribly infront of a crowd and bawling crying?
Or am I better off just writing the whole lot of them off as what they are, a piece of shit human being and piece of shit parents who always try and cover for him?

I never put this kind of stuff online, but it's really eating at me today and obviously I don't have anyone to talk to about it but the GF, who will just agree with me no matter what.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I wrote off my sister 24 years ago.  She stole money from me.

I have only spoken with her 3-4 times since, and this was just meaningless conversation.....how is the weather etc.

i was never close with her, so I have never really felt a void by her absence.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]
My twin brother is the biggest failure of my extended family but I have not written him off.  He hasn't stolen from me or fucked me over.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#3]
double tap
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes.

gd
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Stop sticking up for people that won't stick up for themselves when they are able to. As long as the girlfriend has feet, she should use them and doesn't need a white knight. Move on.

I've moved on from a few relatives. Life is better.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Crazy events last night after my sisters wedding has me at odds with my entire mothers side of the family. It's due, yet again, to my 26 year old brothers inability to function as anything but a flaming asshole when he drinks. After 15 minutes of non stop berating of his girlfriend, who is probably the nicest human being on the planet, I told him to cut his shit before I put hands on him.

Of course this caused a shitstorm, ending with my younger brother, stepfather, and my stepfathers brother trying to confront me. I had enough at that point and went into full psycho mode on them, as I don't take kindly to three chickenshit assholes trying to intimidate me into backing down. For the record I'm 6'3, 250lbs and very athletic. The three of them are maybe 5'10 on average and 175ish.

This resulted in them running away, threatening to file a hurt feelings report with the police, and my mother telling me I was no longer a member of the family.

So am I a flaming asshole for sticking up for my brothers girlfriend who was being verbally abused terribly infront of a crowd and bawling crying?
Or am I better off just writing the whole lot of them off as what they are, a piece of shit human being and piece of shit parents who always try and cover for him?

I never put this kind of stuff online, but it's really eating at me today and obviously I don't have anyone to talk to about it but the GF, who will just agree with me no matter what.
View Quote

Bang the shitstain's GF and then just walk away.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#8]
My brother supports Obama.  What do you think.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#9]
How old are you OP?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Nope.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Yes.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How old are you OP?
View Quote

I am 30 years old.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Thankfully I get along good with my brother and sister. We've suffered through a lot from 2002-2009 in losing close family members that we realize were all we have so we treat each other with respect.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Stop sticking up for people that won't stick up for themselves when they are able to. As long as the girlfriend has feet, she should use them and doesn't need a white knight. Move on.

I've moved on from a few relatives. Life is better.
View Quote

Sort of this.

You said your piece.  Now walk away from it.  

I'd probably also not talk to the brother.  And I'd probably keep my distance from my family for a while.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I am 30 years old.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How old are you OP?

I am 30 years old.

How long after the wedding did this happen?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I only see them a few times a year so I can deal with our differences.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How old are you OP?

I am 30 years old.

It happened at the reception, so an hour or so I guess.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
Absolutely not wrong to write them off. In general, a family of alcoholics is a doomed prospect. I have been through this and I am always dealing with it in the SO's family. How my SO escaped I do not know but an angry/abusive alcoholic cannot be changed unless they really want to change (usually they don't) or they die.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Sometimes you fish or you cut bait-looks like this cast is hung on the rocks if you get what I mean
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Yup... theft, drugs. It sucks, but I don't need that shit around me.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Write them off.

Joke them if they can't take a fuck
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your mom flipping out like that leads me to believe she is not that emotionally stable,  if your story is true.
Seems to me you don't need that negativity in your life.

Ps. I'm 5'11" and 185lbs and have taken dudes your size.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Your mom flipping out like that leads me to believe she is not that emotionally stable,  if your story is true.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She just blindly takes my little brothers side no matter what wrong he does in life. It's not just when it involves me, it's every situation he gets himself into.

And lol I know size don't matter, they make pussies of all different shapes and sizes!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Who needs them? Life's to short to be wasted dealing with crappy people; family or not.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How old are you OP?

I am 30 years old.

I guess that the reason that I am asking is, there is a time and place for everything. While the content of what you said I agree with 100%, the time and place could have been chosen a little more wisely.  Rather than making a scene at the wedding reception, couldn't you have waited until the next morning when everyone was sober and addressed the problem in a more private setting?

I am not saying that you did anything wrong, just offering you some other suggestions of how it could have been handled.  I don't think that a wedding reception was a good place to handle that.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

She just blindly takes my little brothers side no matter what wrong he does in life. It's not just when it involves me, it's every situation he gets himself into.

And lol I know size don't matter, they make pussies of all different shapes and sizes!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Size does matter....I could kick the shit out of both of you.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't stick my nose in other people's business, especially family members. #feels
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Sounds like you have got too many shitty people in your life OP.

Only surround yourself with people whom deserve to be apart of it.

I have completely written off 90% of one whole side of my family, because they are nosey, gossipy, drama queens, with zero class and are mostly white trash.

They do not deserve a place at my table.

That simple.

Life is much better.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes, one of my brothers is the biggest piece of shit that I have ever met.  Theft, drugs, lying, manipulating, and even a registered sex offender.  Last time I talked to him, maybe 10 years ago, I told him that if he ever came back to Wisconsin we were going to have "issues."
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I guess that the reason that I am asking is, there is a time and place for everything. While the content of what you said I agree with 100%, the time and place could have been chosen a little more wisely.  Rather than making a scene at the wedding reception, couldn't you have waited until the next morning when everyone was sober and addressed the problem in a more private setting?

I am not saying that you did anything wrong, just offering you some other suggestions of how it could have been handled.  I don't think that a wedding reception was a good place to handle that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How old are you OP?

I am 30 years old.

I 100% agree with you, it was a poor choice to let it happen the way it did. That's one of the things that is eating at me today.

I just couldn't take it anymore, men being abusive to women is one of my hot buttons.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I am one of 5, I don't talk to any of them unless they call me first, all older than me.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#32]
I wrote off my adopted sister.  Not that hard.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Just because they are a relative does not make them family.

Family means many things.  Disrespect, dishonor and lack of integrity are not the qualities that make a family.

Do not feel bad about cutting ties with those who deserve it, by their actions and words.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WITH A FULL POWER SHOT !!!!!!!!!! SQuat DOG LIves !!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#35]
My baby sister...

I tried to save her from methamphetamine more times than I can count over a 20 year span from age 15 when she first tried it to age 35 when she died of an overdose (meth induced coronary with an order of magnitude that suggested "mule" amounts ingested acutely)...in an Amarillo truck stop...on friggin' Halloween Night...as if she couldn't have been more dramatic and clichéd.

I miss her...I missed her a long time before she died too.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Age does matter though, I'll be 43 tomorrow so I'm good.

Seriously,  if this is a continuing narrative,  it might be a good idea to at the very least, stay out of the picture for a while.
a friend was in a situation where he didn't talk to his brother on account of how is brothers wife acted. Later on, a year or two, the brother called and apologized and now they have a great relationship after the brother realized how big of a bitch his wife was to a lot of people.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I have 3 sisters. I have written them all off. Life goes on. Whacko,liberal,obama loving fuckheads can enjoy thier ignorance alone.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#39]
I have not talked to my sister since my father died in 2000.

I am much happier without her in my life.   So are the other family members that eventually followed suit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck fighting, I'm too old for that shit....I just shoot now.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Youngest of 5. Today, like most Sundays,  they came to my house, drank all my beer and ate a bunch of food while watching the game. One brought 4 beers and drank 6 or 7 more of mine. The rest came empty handed. One showed up at 8 am and filtched a free breakfast too.
I'm sick of my family. They cost me $60 or $70 dollars today and it's  only half way through football season. I told my wife we will not be home next week. Screw the free loading jackasses.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#42]
You can choose your friends, but you're stuck with your family.

That said, I tend to separate myself from those who cause me stress. This includes my family.

My only real issues with family is in-laws. The samich maker's three brothers. Flaming liberals. They LOVE Obama.
My blood pressure goes up a few points just being in the same room with them.
So....I make it a point not to be in the same room with them very often.
Even the samich maker has issues with them. I get comfort in knowing they have to deal with me banging their sister..

OP...Do what ya gotta do.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Youngest of 5. Today, like most Sundays,  they came to my house, drank all my beer and ate a bunch of food while watching the game. One brought 4 beers and drank 6 or 7 more of mine. The rest came empty handed. One showed up at 8 am and filtched a free breakfast too.
I'm sick of my family. They cost me $60 or $70 dollars today and it's  only half way through football season. I told my wife we will not be home next week. Screw the free loading jackasses.
View Quote

I am the only one whose wallet gets emptied around my kin.  I am expected to pay for everything.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

en vino veritas
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Never argue with drunks or associate with fools.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I am the only one whose wallet gets emptied around my kin.  I am expected to pay for everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're still on for Monday night football right? I like those steak & shrimp things!

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#47]
OP the real person you need to talk to is your sister and new BIL.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

en vino veritas
View All Quotes
Quoted:

en vino veritas

That sums up this thread nicely.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#49]
I wrote my sister off. She's a lying drug addicted piece of shit whom stole two cars from our mom, emptied out our mother's bank account and opened two credit cards in our mother's name then proceeded to run the debt up. This past spring she Bros up with her drug addicted, lying deadbeat, boyfriend and moved back in with our mother. Everyone said she changed and tried to convince me to reconcile with her. The most I did was be cordial but wouldn't let he anywhere near my daughter. By mid summer she was back to her same old shit. I haven't talked to her since.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Yes. almost all 10 of them. i have rare contact with 2 or 3, the rest can kiss my Conservative ass.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top